State of Origin 2016

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagle9413

Forward Pass
This year Manly had only one player selected for State of Origin (DCE - Queensland). Any predictions on Manly players getting selected for SOO 2016?

I think these Manly players will have a chance of getting selected:

Daly Cherry Evans (QLD) - Halfback or 18th man
Nate Myles (QLD) - Second Rower
Brett Stewart (NSW) - Fullback
Jake Trbojevic (NSW) - Prop or Interchange

That's all I can think of at the moment. I would like to hear your thoughts! Hopefully not many of our players get selected so we don't lose players to injuries from representative games. We can dominate the Post-SOO period! 2016 is Manly's golden chance. We just need to avoid rep games as much as possible.

1.Moylan/Stewart
2.Roberts
3.Dugan
4.Jennings
5.Mansour/Trbojevic
6.Austin
7.Sezer
8.Woods
9.Ennis
10.Tamou/Trbojevic
11.Cartwright
12.Jackson
13.Merrin

14.Bird
15.Trbojevic/Tamou
16.Klemmer
17.Frizell

This would be my side as I'm a NSW supporter. We need a ball playing fullback and Dugan to centre. Jake Trbojevic is a must for me could even start at lock. Tommy Turbo is going along in leaps in bounds and could be a Bolter. We can certainly dominate origin period as long as DCE isn't selected.

Tom T has to get an NRL spot before he can think about Origin and the Morris twins always seem to play well at that level so hard to leave either of them out.

Stewart > Dugan IMO but the gap is closing and Dugan was great in Origin this year and again last night. Snake won't get a look in but Moylan might.

Jake T has to be a massive chance for a blue jersey - depending on how loyal Daley is to the forward pack that embarrassed themselves in game 3.

DCE may struggle again with Hunt constantly improving and Myles will have to play well to guarantee his spot.

Might be another very un-manly origin series.

Tom T has to get an NRL spot before he can think about Origin and the Morris twins always seem to play well at that level so hard to leave either of them out.

Stewart > Dugan IMO but the gap is closing and Dugan was great in Origin this year and again last night. Snake won't get a look in but Moylan might.

Jake T has to be a massive chance for a blue jersey - depending on how loyal Daley is to the forward pack that embarrassed themselves in game 3.

DCE may struggle again with Hunt constantly improving and Myles will have to play well to guarantee his spot.

Might be another very un-manly origin series.

DCE has had a great year which has been overshadowed by his backflip. If you look at the stats DCE has better stats playing behind a horrible pack. Imagine what he could do behind hunts pack. For me DCE has to be one of the best next year if we are to get anywhere the top 8. Myles I think will be benched next year.

NSW: Jake T, if he starts the season well will get a crack IMO.
While Snake is still in the best 2 or 3 Fullbacks around, I think, and agree, they'll look to the future if the change FB and go with Tedesco or Moylan.

Qld: Myles will benefit from the 'stick and pick' mentality, and rightfully so. DCE will be in direct competition with Hunt for the utility bench spot.

Sorry but I can't see Snake ever getting a rep jumper again. Dugan, for all of his faults, was probably NSW's best player this year and so long as his form stands up he should he there in 2016. Unfortunately when it comes to rep footy I think Snake's time has past. I would think in the NSW pecking order that Snake is even behind Moylan and Tedesco.

In terms of NSW Origin I think our best chance next year is Jake Trbojevic. There are some current NSW players who are nearing the end of not only their Origin careers but their NRL time is limited (players such as Gallen and Hoffman). If Jake's star continues to rise he should at the very least be on the bench for the Blues or the 18th man in 2016.

DCE seems to have fallen out of favour with Qld, mostly due to the fact that he hasn't gelled well with JT. The problem there though is that Qld thrive on having one true play maker (JT) and two guys who calm things down when needed (Cronk and Smith). DCE is too much like Thurston for them to combine well. It also didn't help this year that Manly were well down at Origin time while Morgan, Hunt and Milford were all flying high for the Cows and Donkeys. The backflip didn't help either. Queenslander's can't see the difference between the entire state and a single NRL club. DCE deciding to stay at Manly was like treason to those hillbillies.

Qld doesn't have a glut of younger Origin type forwards coming through so I would honestly expect Myles to still be there for at least 2016 and 2017, but if he goes further than that I'll be surprised.

Agree DCE is ahead of Hunt statistically while injured and playing behind inferior forwards but Hunt is improving quickly and his performances in tight games this year have been pretty impressive.

Hopefully by Origin time DCE will have responded to his challengers with a dominant start to the season.

I'd honestly be as happy as a pig in mud if no Manly players were selected for Origin. I hate the damn thing and will until it's stand alone at the end of the season.

1.Moylan/Stewart
2.Roberts
3.Dugan
4.Jennings
5.Mansour/Trbojevic
6.Austin
7.Sezer
8.Woods
9.Ennis
10.Tamou/Trbojevic
11.Cartwright
12.Jackson
13.Merrin

14.Bird
15.Trbojevic/Tamou
16.Klemmer
17.Frizell

This would be my side as I'm a NSW supporter. We need a ball playing fullback and Dugan to centre. Jake Trbojevic is a must for me could even start at lock. Tommy Turbo is going along in leaps in bounds and could be a Bolter. We can certainly dominate origin period as long as DCE isn't selected.

What no spot for Wade Graham? Are you kidding?
Should have been there this year imo.
No Gallen?
Tedesco or Moylan at fullback ( as much as Snake is still the man, sadly they'll never go back to him ). In fact I'd bite the bullet and make room for both of them.
The Morris's are always a threat so at least one should be there somewhere.
Which Bird on the bench - Greg or Jackson?
Before we all talk up Austin - and yes he was dynamite this year - let's see how he comes up next year.
Sezer? meh.

Whilst our capitulation in Game III was horrific, I still don't see the need tor wholesale changes in Origin. But what I do think is needed is more x-factor in the backline. So to me players like Moylan, Tedesco and Austin need to be considered. That's not to say you can pick all of them, but players like Hopoate don't really strike fear into opposition teams. Whereas those guys do.

As for who gets selected for us. Jake T must be considered for a bench spot. I would say he'll be in City/Country and there will be talk of him playing, but he'll just miss out next year. And then be there in 2017. Brett Stewarts time is gone (imo), DCE and Myles will be in the mix for Qld. With DCE it just depends which way the wind is blowing with Qld selectors.

Funny how Cordner kills it at club level and is ****ing hopeless at SOO.

Won't be wholesale changes in NSW but if they run with that same team they'll get the same result as 2015

I rethought my team and noticed we have all forgot tafua:
NSW 2016
1.Moylan
2.Tafua
3.Dugan
4.Jennings
5.Mansour
6.Austin
7.Sezer
8.Woods
9.Peats
10.Trbojevic
11.Cartwright
12.Jackson
13.Merrin

14.Bird
15.Tamou
16.Klemmer
17.Frizell

Backups:
Winger-Roberts/Trbojevic
Centre-Walker
Fullback-Tedesco
Halves-Renyolds/Maloney
Prop-Fifita/Vaughan
Second row-Thompson/Cordner
Lock-Peachy
Hooker-Lichaa

Myles is a shot because that how Qld roll. They stick with blokes even if their club form is patchy.

No one else will even get mentioned. Including DCE.

Doesn't matter about team selections.

Qld still have the ref's, channel 9, and the arl as evidenced by game 3 last year.

70% possession - yeah right!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4