State Of Origin suggestion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lismore_fan

Bencher
Both states choose 25 players as their 'squad' to draw from.

First game is played on Friday night.
Second game is played the following Wednesday night.
Third game is played the following Sunday night/ afternoon.

Series finished.

lismore_fan said:
Both states choose 25 players as their 'squad' to draw from.

First game is played on Friday night.
Second game is played the following Wednesday night.
Third game is played the following Sunday night/ afternoon.

Series finished.

Play it at the end of the season. One game like the Anzac Test. Players have all year to prove themselves. More passion because its one game.

It`s not bad, but at the moment players can go back to their clubs on the off week, Going of your suggestion teams will be without their star players for 2 rounds in a row..

Also make it a sqaud of 30 (incase of injuries)..

It`s good for us if we only have 1 player picked...

No he got this from the big sports breakfast this morning, but he forgot that each teams 2 byes are on the 2 weekends this covers.

jjai said:
It`s not bad, but at the moment players can go back to their clubs on the off week, Going of your suggestion teams will be without their star players for 2 rounds in a row..
I would suggest a split round in those two weeks - half with a bye.
Therefore during the SOO series, the 'star' players would only miss one Club game.

Injuries? extra players? 18 injuries? There's only 13 on the field & only 4 sitting on the Reggi Bench. You could have unlimited players in your State squad but I would like to see it a lot tighter. I would stick with 25.

Fro said:
No he got this from the big sports breakfast this morning, but he forgot that each teams 2 byes are on the 2 weekends this covers.

What's the big sports breakfast?
We don't get that in Lismore - we only got electricity last year!

hehe its a radio show.

a listener came up with this exact scenario this morning.

and I live in the country as well, so i know its a lot better than the ****hole called sydney :)

I'm not sure how this scenario stops player fatigue. Rep players will actually have to play more games each year if they went to this format. They talk about the burnout having to back up but they do get a rest the weekend before. What about playing Origin on a Monday or Tuesday night instead?

Season 3 weeks longer, starting a week earlier and going two weeks longer.

SOO to be played on Friday nights

And everyone gets three Byes

It's bad luck for Origin players who don't get a break at all (if they play in the 3 games) but then no club side is affected.

Everytime they've dicked around with the origin format they have failed. Leave it as it is. I love it.

Gorgeous George said:
Everytime they've dicked around with the origin format they have failed. Leave it as it is. I love it.

I agree.

But, they are looking at Monday nights now:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/plan-to-switch-state-of-origin-to-monday-nights/story-e6frexv9-1226066898913

Mark from Brisbane said:
Season 3 weeks longer, starting a week earlier and going two weeks longer.

SOO to be played on Friday nights

And everyone gets three Byes

It's bad luck for Origin players who don't get a break at all (if they play in the 3 games) but then no club side is affected.

That is what i've been saying for ages mate. You could fill Sat and Sun withe other rep games. ie City v Country. (Real country players vs young up and comers in the NRL). QLD residents v NSW residents. NSW country v QLD country. NSW police v QLD police. PNG v Fiji. Samoa v Tonga. NZ north v NZ south. Victoria v WA. The list goes on and on. People would get into it i reckon.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4