State Of Origin suggestion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Fonz said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Season 3 weeks longer, starting a week earlier and going two weeks longer.

SOO to be played on Friday nights

And everyone gets three Byes

It's bad luck for Origin players who don't get a break at all (if they play in the 3 games) but then no club side is affected.

That is what i've been saying for ages mate. You could fill Sat and Sun withe other rep games. ie City v Country. (Real country players vs young up and comers in the NRL). QLD residents v NSW residents. NSW country v QLD country. NSW police v QLD police. PNG v Fiji. Samoa v Tonga. NZ north v NZ south. Victoria v WA. The list goes on and on. People would get into it i reckon.

No sport would want to go up against League on that weekend television wise. Ratings would be through the roof

I also think that if Victoria had a team that all of the melbourne Storm supporters would get behind it and it would be good for league down south. Imagine if the Reds get in. If WA had a state team it would help the reds succeed too.

eagles2win said:
Fonz said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

It's bad luck for Origin players who don't get a break at all (if they play in the 3 games) but then no club side is affected.

That is what i've been saying for ages mate. You could fill Sat and Sun withe other rep games. ie City v Country. (Real country players vs young up and comers in the NRL). QLD residents v NSW residents. NSW country v QLD country. NSW police v QLD police. PNG v Fiji. Samoa v Tonga. NZ north v NZ south. Victoria v WA. The list goes on and on. People would get into it i reckon.

No sport would want to go up against League on that weekend television wise. Ratings would be through the roof

You don't seriously think most of those matches would rate do you? As a league fan I'd find them interesting but only die hards watch every game each weekend. You couldn't generate the right amount of publicity for those other games with Origin on either.

Masked Eagle said:
eagles2win said:
Fonz said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

You don't seriously think most of those matches would rate do you? As a league fan I'd find them interesting but only die hards watch every game each weekend. You couldn't generate the right amount of publicity for those other games with Origin on either.

Pick and choose the games.

Last year Samoa played Tonga @ Parra Stadium prior to the Kangaroos against the Kumuls game and most of the crowd left after the Samoa and Tonga game.

Player burnout......................what a load of hot c**k.

I can imagine the whinging @%#*'s like Smith playing in the 70's & 80's with the Craven Mild pre-season and the Amco mid-week games......and they still played State v State.

When we fist came into the comp in 47 it wasn't uncommon to play Saturday and then backup again on the Monday althought they did have a month off in those days for Rep games where the Teams would travel to the country and play trails.

Soft c**ks

Mybludog said:

I can imagine the whinging @%#*'s like Smith playing in the 70's & 80's with the Craven Mild pre-season and the Amco mid-week games......and they still played State v State.

When we fist came into the comp in 47 it wasn't uncommon to play Saturday and then backup again on the Monday althought they did have a month off in those days for Rep games where the Teams would travel to the country and play trails.

Soft c**ks

And then some would go over to England and play over there (Prior to ESL the English Comp ran after ours)

bones said:
My state of origin suggestion is not to have it.

It's not SoO now,bones.QLD pick players from wherever they like!

Mybludog said:

Soft c**ks

The other thing is the money.In the old days,they'd play for a pittance,and actually work for a living.The players these days earn enough in 8 to 10 years,to set them up for life (most of them).Surely if they have to do a bit more for their squillions,it wont kill them!!

They also probably used to train for about 1-2 hours 1-2 days a week back then. The two era's are nowhere near in the same category. Burnout is real. If a player says he is tired he is probably f***en tired. Why would anyone want to burn themselves out for entertainment. No one wants to end up a tired and sore ex footballer for the sake of a bit of cash.

How can it be money.We keep hearing (sandow for 1) "i do it for the challenge".So let them have some challenges!

Sandow has a massive challenge ahead of him. He's gotta play in the most cursed jersey in the NRL next year! There are few challenges bigger than that. He has to succeed where better halfbacks have failed.

Ditch the concept entirely

QLD (The BADSPORTS state) were saying "OMFG if NSW wins again this year (4 in a row) State of origin is offically dead"

Its 6 in a row to QLD but we have to keep this tripe up? **** it off

Fonz said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

criminals v the police
liberal v labor

Fonz said:
They also probably used to train for about 1-2 hours 1-2 days a week back then. The two era's are nowhere near in the same category. Burnout is real. If a player says he is tired he is probably f***en tired. Why would anyone want to burn themselves out for entertainment. No one wants to end up a tired and sore ex footballer for the sake of a bit of cash.

Let them go and get a real job then. No ones holding a gun to there head making them play footy.

Since when is professional sport not a real job?

Answer this for me. Why is it that the only people suggesting longer seasons and rubbishing burnout are the people not directly involved with rugby league?

It's not the length of the season or the amount games they play that is burning them out, it's the huge amount of training they do. The players never got burnt out 20 years ago and they didn't even have the interchange rule. Most players played 80 minutes every week. The difference nowadays is they train nearly every day.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6