State Of Origin teams discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Ok people we have seen 4 rounds of League, what would be your teams for the 1st Origin game at Suncorp Stadium May 25 @8:00 PM

My early thoughts for the Blues

1. Hayne (cant think of anyone else atm Dugan seems a bit injury plagued )
2. Fergurson/Brett Morris/Gordon
3. Idris/Jennings
4. Lyon
5. Uate
6. Carney
7. Pearce
8. Snowden
9. Ennis
10. Tolman
11. Bird
12. Gallen
13. Lewis

14. Giddley (i Honestly wouldnt Have him but you know the Selectors love him)
15. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
16. Watmough
17 Galloway

I'd have to have Mullen at 6. At least Carney/Mullen.
Mr 40/20 would be handy.

Galloway would be the other one I'd look at (given that you explained why you picked Gidley). There are a few guys that could put their hand up for that spot but Galloway is definitely one of them.

Basicaly I think it's too early. Way too much footy to happen between now & then.

Lyon will not make the team which suits me.  Hopefully no one from Manly makes it.

My team would be

1 Hayne
2 M. Gordon (GK)
3 Idris
4 Lyon
5 Uate
6 Carney
7 Pearce
8 Dan Hunt
9 Ennis
10 Tolman
11 Lewis
12 Gallen
13 Bird

14 Young
15 Watmough
16 Leroyd Lars
17 Snowden

a damn shame Lawrence is injured, it was his time.

I don't think Hayne should get picked but he will.  You can rest assured that with Ricky Stuart being coach that Paul Gallen will be captain and Greg Bird will be in the team.  Guaranteed.

I haven't seen the Titans this year, is Bird in form?  He wasn't playing all that well last year.

Watmough won't even get picked for SOO unless there's a huge injury toll. His form has been mediocre at best.

There are plenty of backrowers ahead of him. Gallen will be picked and even Bird might get the 13 jersey because of utility value.

If Luke Bailey keeps his form up he'll be one of the first picked. He played 70 minutes on the weekend and was in absolutely everything. Given that and his origin experience he'll definately be there.

It's probably also a given that if Pierce is the 7 Carney will be the 6.

Swoop not sure which Watmough you've been watching but the Watmough in the Sea Eagles side is in pretty good form imo.

I'll agree that it is way too early but I'll give it a crack anyway, always fun to look back & see how woefully wrong you were.

1. Dugan
2. Morris
3. Jennings (Assuming he can stay fit)
4. Lyon
5. Hayne
6. Mullen
7. Pearce
8. Galloway
9. Ennis
10. Snowden
11. Watmough (undeserved, but will probably be there. Would pick Gifty over him)
12. Gallen
13. Lewis

14. Bird
15. Douglas
16. Learoyd-Lars
17. Idris

Fonz link said:
Swoop not sure which Watmough you've been watching but the Watmough in the Sea Eagles side is in pretty good form imo.

I've been watching the one that consistantly gives away penalties and drops the ball at crucial times.

He isn't it the form that dubbed him "the army of one". Until he brings that form back onto the field I consider him out of form.

He's always dropped the balls and he's always given away the penalties. Nothings changed. He's 2nd in our squad to Matt Ballin in tackles made this year and 2nd only to Hoppa in run metres. I think your dislike of the man is clouding your judgement of the player.

This weekend alone (according to the NRL site) he made no errors and had no penalties against, 14 hitups, 37 tackles, broke 3 tackles, scored a try and played 80 minutes.

I'm not sure what you want from him?

Fonz link said:
He's always dropped the balls and he's always given away the penalties. Nothings changed. He's 2nd in our squad to Matt Ballin in tackles made this year and 2nd only to Hoppa in run metres. I think your dislike of the man is clouding your judgement of the player.

This weekend alone (according to the NRL site) he made no errors and had no penalties against, 14 hitups, 37 tackles, broke 3 tackles, scored a try and played 80 minutes.

I'm not sure what you want from him?

I want consistancy from him. I didn't see the game last week but it probably the first time in ages that he made no errors.

BTW I don't dislike any Manly players. He'd be much more popular if he grew up and acts responsible. Just as we start getting good media coverage we have incidents like this and he's a serial offender. The bloke has to be thick.

Some parents tar all footballers with the same brush, when they read or see all these incidents in the media. And potential sponsors could be turned off.

I think they deserve the punishment.

01. Slater
02. Boyd
03. Inglis
04. Hodges
05. Tonga/Yow Yeh
06. Lockyer
07. Thurston
08. Civoniceva
09. Smith
10. Scott
11. Thaiday