Statement of the bleeding obvious

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/sport/nrl/story/0,26799,25070273-5016307,00.html

I DON'T know the inner workings of the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles Football Club, I'm no accountant and I don't have a Bachelor of Business, but I do know this - the Sea Eagles won the 2008 NRL premiership 40-0 over the Melbourne Storm.

After having to endure the Northern Eagles debacle, revelations that the club subsequently went within hours of insolvency and the following rebuilding period - finally everything is going right.

Premiership glory, a huge groundswell of pride on the northern beaches, millions generated in merchandising and sponsorship and the promise of a revamped Brookvale Oval are all by-products of a well- managed football club.

Now with everything going along swimmingly and a real anticipation in the air for a tilt at back-to-back titles, what do the Manly hierarchy do? Get rid of highly respected CEO Grant Mayer and go gunning for a bloke who is the heart and soul of the Sea Eagles franchise, Peter Peters.

Of course, Max Delmege pays the bills at Manly - albeit a bit slowly at times - but no one would begrudge him the appreciation Sea Eagles fans have for his huge investment, which delivered our first title since 1996.

Surely, however, it's not rocket science to realise this: It's not broken Max, so why are you fixing it?
In this age of professional sport, if you control the purse strings of a major club it has to be treated as a business first and then a passion.

Big business rewards its leaders with bonuses and plaudits; at Manly we punt them a month from the start of the comp. Max, get Mayer to stay, give Zorba a pay rise and let's get serious about the Dogs in round one.

Matt Shrivell is a production journalist on The Daily Telegraph - and a passionate Sea Eagles fan.

a good bloody statement as well.

If it aint broke don't fix it, thought the Zorba stuff I don't know that he is the heart and soul, he can stay but grudgingly only.

It does seem like a no-brainer !,The club seemed like it was in its best shape in decades...
My take is ,it seems like it has turned into a pissing match now ,with rich ego's not willing to back off.
These guys (both sides) keep talking about the good of the club..They should have a closed meeting between the pair & start working together on things .Let bygones be bygones & really start talking about the well being of the organization. But honestly,I dont see that happenning now !!
For the good of the Club ,Team & Fans  -SORT THIS ****E OUT ,-YOU ARROGANT RICH TURDS......................

I don't know much about this affair but i will say this. Complacency can cause failure. Delmeges' action maybe all to do with keeping the right mind set within the club. He wanted a 3 year plan from Mayer and he didn't comply? I don't know how much time he was given or what not, but business is business and football is football. I understand about the Monasgate issue, however, few of us know what has been going on behind close doors.

The whole affair could have be dealt with 3 folds better by all parties.

Matabele link said:
Statement of the bleeding obvious

... a bloke who is the heart and soul of the Sea Eagles franchise, Peter Peters.

...Surely, however, it's not rocket science to realise this: It's not broken Max, so why are you fixing it?

Max, ... give Zorba a pay rise and let's get serious about the Dogs in round one.

Got it.  Bleeding obvious. Thanks for your thoughts on Zorba, Matas. :)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4