Steppa as a Back Rower

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
I was wondering what everyone thinks of the move to play Steppa in the Back row for the sharks?

He was always a tall bloke but now he has bulked up he is looking even stronger and that is with the fairly large (or tall) sharks pack around him.

I wonder if his defense has improved because if it has he could be a pretty solid backrower with an offload!

Yeah I agree to an extent. Though I think he is a better back rower than centre.

I also think he plays more the sharks style of football. They try to do it all off the back of Kimorely and bird and only ask for one dimensional plays from the pack, with a few solid dummy half runs

I've watched a couple of Cronulla games this season and he has been unremarkable at best. Solid, but haven't seen anything from him that makes me regret us cutting him loose (save for there being one less scapegoat to crucify every Monday)

He'll struggle to get a run when Gallen and Ross come back I reckon

The Fonz will be back soon if he sees us paying out on his brother

Steppa has been in the backrow since at least the beginning of last year. He was captain of their premier league team while playing in the backrow.

I don't think he's impressed much at all in first grade this year. Decent stop-gap measure for the Sharks while they have injuries/suspensions because he has a fair bit of first grade experience, but you wouldn't want to rely on him as a first-choice all year. Although with the injuries to Thompson and Reece Williams he may come into calculations more often if any more injuries pop up.

We certainly aren't missing him, that's for sure.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6