Steve Matai Appreciation Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Playing busted , just for the good of the team and the chance of yet another finals series.

Absolute champion!

What a true champion and he just like one of us. Doesn't mind a quiet drink and a chat. He bought me a Birthday Rum at the Goldy last year. Just a top bloke. Plays it the way he sees it.

He's nice to little kids and small animals
He's got great hair
He'd make a better PM than Abbott or Shorten
He's not in love with Brad Arthur
If he ever gets really pissed and forgets who he is he's just got to lift up his shirt.
He does'nt like Michael Ennis or Robbie Farrah
He looks nothing like Greenberg

I had a yelling match once with a friend over Steve. They said what a pussy he was because after every tackle he clutches his neck or some part of his body. Now normally I'm pretty calm when people sledge my players, I just shrug and say 'I think he rocks so let's leave it at that' but I couldn't let that pass. I just went off and said 'ARE U EFFING KIDDING? This guy has serious neck issues, plays busted every week and nothing he does is half hearted. He smashes 120kg props, he takes hit ups out of his 10 and 20 and not sideways hitups he just hurtles at the defensive line. And he'll probably be in a wheelchair in 20 years so why don't u eff off!!'

Ok so it got me fired up. He is just all heart. In another time he would have been one of those great warriors that had armies crapping themselves at the thought of facing him.

G'day all,Apart from all the other great things he has done for us two things that i'll remember him for are how Gasnier would always look like he was going to crap himself anytime Steve got near him and snotting Ennis at Brookie.Yes he copped time on the sidelines but I reckon it was worth it.
cheers mike

A great compilation that's been floating round a few years. Love the last hit on whoever that cowboys player is, was my favourite Matai tackle until the Tyrrell hit this year. He's really great at making contact with the shoulder but carrying on with the tackle.

Absolute legend, one of the toughest players to ever put on a Manly jersey gonna miss him when he's gone.

The number on my jersey is 4. I just love the bloke. He's fearless. When there was talk of him going to the Warriors last year I was devastated. I'm so glad he stayed to play out his career as a Sea Eagle. If he'd have gone across the ditch I still would have followed him. The Warriors would have become my second team and I don't do second teams. Hate everyone but Manly to varying degrees but just love the Matai.
I might add that he's go a seriously cute smile too.
One of my all time favourite Sea Eagles.

It's the off season....we all want some happiness...so I revisited some of Steve's highlights.

Made me tingly.

Such a champion.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7