Steve Mortimer commenting on DCE and Hoppa

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

captainskin

Reserve Grader
I just attempted to watch an NRL review of the game by Steve Mortimer and Russell Barwick... and I couldn't even finish it. Mr Mortimer seems like he is 'out of it' in more ways than one. He made a comment that he hasn't seen DCE play yet this year, and I'm thinking, mate, where have you been, don't you watch the games. He didn't even know that Hoppa was off on a Mormon mission field next year, but found a distant memory that Canterbury were chasing him. Honestly, when the both of these guys get up there so ill prepared and nothing of worth to say, they shouldn't even bother. :huh:

captainskin said:
I just attempted to watch an NRL review of the game by Steve Mortimer and Russell Barwick... and I couldn't even finish it. Mr Mortimer seems like he is 'out of it' in more ways than one. He made a comment that he hasn't seen DCE play yet this year, and I'm thinking, mate, where have you been, don't you watch the games. He didn't even know that Hoppa was off on a Mormon mission field next year, but found a distant memory that Canterbury were chasing him. Honestly, when the both of these guys get up there so ill prepared and nothing of worth to say, they shouldn't even bother. :huh:

They are just like a NEWS LIMITED journo.. clueless;)

Those two are really getting paid to provide that wrap up? They are so uninformed and incorrect.

That means Steve Mortimer has not watched any of the Manly channel 9 games at all? And he didn't watch the Fox top-of-the ladder between Nth Qld and Manly? WTF? isn't he paid to view and commentate on NRL?

Please fox, put someone there who can get closer to heartbeat of the game....

Volley said:
lol Jamie Lyon's from Dubbo.

"I hope God doesn't go over the salary cap". Wtf?

You know what I mean; it is more than dribble. It is ridiculously bad commentary and analysis.
The producers may as well have taken two old Americans who have only heard of the game of Rugby League and said to them, can you make a review of this game... oh, and here are a few history notes that may help you compiled by our Albanian secretary.

Jado said:
Those two are really getting paid to provide that wrap up? They are so uninformed and incorrect.

That means Steve Mortimer has not watched any of the Manly channel 9 games at all? And he didn't watch the Fox top-of-the ladder between Nth Qld and Manly? WTF? isn't he paid to view and commentate on NRL?

Please fox, put someone there who can get closer to heartbeat of the game....

It is like someone has just woken Steve Mortimer up from a 6 month coma and said try this review just to get you warmed up and prepared for bigger things...

Turvey is a good bloke but he's clueless as a media commentator. Plenty of ex players still earning a living off the game and you can't deny them that for the effot they put in on the field without the financial rewards but really in term of relevance they have next to none.

Years ago when he was on channel 7 on the Sunday sports show, he said that he had a big announcement to make, the annoncement was that he wanted to put his hand up as the NSW coach, big deal!
He was a good individual player, but media wise, he is useless.
Next he will want to put his hand up for the independent commission.

What a joke. His comments on yow yeh are just as ignorant! Saying Kevin was his dad and wasn't from qld! Jharal and his story have been all over the league media in recent weeks, how could they miss that and hoppa?? Embarrassing.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6