Steve Roach

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
Well, I just wanted to let you guys know, that although I like to dis the guy, I have to take back comments made yesterday about him being away at the 1st training session. There was a Manly special on Foxtell interactive digital news. I saw Blocker in the background giving some coaching tips to the forwards.

Doctored up after Manly heard the criticism emanating from certain websites ?? :D

Lets hope the guy is a positive influence this year & refrains from injudicious behaviour during his radio commitments.

Could have been old footage.

Also, if he hasn't left yet he is about to - for the next month.

Not exactly condusive to him being an integral part of the off season, is it?

All I ask from him is that his forwards aren't the worst performing stats wise in the NRL 2 consecutive years running.

maybe the same goes for meaney then

Given the cattle at his disposal (four SOO and another international forwards) one would assume that nothing less than forward stats in the Top 3 would be acceptable?

That's right Mata. Look at the cattle Roach had last year, and he failed. Dismally. It didn't help that players like King was on the books. 2 years in a row though, and a letter with a number of signatures will need to be sent to the club.

It has never been clear to me what Blocker's role is? He follows the 2GB team which means he only sees certain MANLY games live.

Is he skills coach, forward defensive coach or is he a tactical adviser and what input does he have into training? Is he involved in analysis of weekly performance and how is he used week by week?

Agreed a member of the coaching staff who doesn't go to the game. Seems strange to me.

In his defence they probably won't be touching a footy until January (ie mainly fitness only prior to Xmas).

It has never been clear to me what Blocker's role is? He follows the 2GB team which means he only sees certain MANLY games live.

Is he skills coach, forward defensive coach or is he a tactical adviser and what input does he have into training? Is he involved in analysis of weekly performance and how is he used week by week?

Blockers role is to eat the buffett each day so as the members don't get food poisining.

In his defence they probably won't be touching a footy until January (ie mainly fitness only prior to Xmas).
Yes, so does this mean we'll have a repeat of this year's well-documented debacle where King resembled the Hulk on a pin?

We all know though... the problem is that as long as Bozo still has a say at Manly, Roach has got the job for as long as he wants it.

As great as he has been for the club, Fulton has made things difficult for us in a couple of circumstances (his son, Roach, Vautin feud).

King is currently out injured - I doubt he will be around for a while. He will probably resemble a Keg on Legs come the trials.

On the other hand there might be change in coaching philosophy as well at the club - I am sure we will get an update on the goings at pre season training from the club soon - especially us members.

We all know though... the problem is that as long as Bozo still has a say at Manly, Roach has got the job for as long as he wants it.

As great as he has been for the club, Fulton has made things difficult for us in a couple of circumstances (his son, Roach, Vautin feud).

Well said, he still has a lot of sway with Des, recruitment etc as well.

King = injurred. There should be something put out by the club when he is actually FIT !!!

I have heard that bozo still runs the joint and basically tells Pat Wilson to keep his mouth shut and stay in his office.

I was given the tip that there is a good chance that Fatty's son will be playing in one of the junior grades this year. That will mean that Fatty may well be around the club more this year. Could be a chance to welcome a club great back into the fold and let byegones be bygones.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4