Stewart Court Case?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

niccipops

un echidna spillo mia bevanda
Premium Member
If anyone remotely  knows anything about the law could you please offer some insight on the following:

Worst Case Scenario - Stewart is charged and case goes to trial at a date further down the track. Does Gallop then step in and make up a new rule further banning Brett from playing?

2nd worst - Sexaul assualt charged dropped but he is charged with a lesser offence, eg, public nuisance and ordered community service, a fine or something along those lines. Same question - Does Gallop then step in and make up a new rule further banning Brett from playing?

Best Case Scenario - Stewart is cleared. Does Gallop then step in and further suspend him because he doesn't like his haircut?

I can't wait to see this guy back on the field. Manly obviously needs him. Where does he stand legally in the above scenarios?

its all speculation really.

I don't think Gallop can take any further action against Brett no matter the outcome, he is a first time offender in all of this. Indications are that the suspension for being drunk may not be 100% valid anyway

Dan link said:

I don't think Gallop can take any further action against Brett no matter the outcome, he is a first time offender in all of this. Indications are that the suspension for being drunk may not be 100% valid anyway
It's just that Gallop seems to be making up new rules as the weeks roll on this year.

niccipops link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=179793.msg214808#msg214808 date=1237759212]

It's just that Gallop seems to be making up new rules as the weeks roll on this year.
[/quote]

This is new to you?

The next appearance in court is in front of a magistrate where the case will be looked at to see whether it should go to trial.

Gallop would not be able to do anything else until the outcome of the trial which would not happen straight away, quite possibly after the season has finished.

Dan link said:
[quote author=niccipops link=topic=179793.msg214810#msg214810 date=1237759644]

[/quote]

This is new to you?
[/quote]Not really. I'm just more personally involved as my favourite player's on the sidelines and my team's going down.

Fluffy link said:
The next appearance in court is in front of a magistrate where the case will be looked at to see whether it should go to trial.

Gallop would not be able to do anything else until the outcome of the trial which would not happen straight away, quite possibly after the season has finished.
Thanks Fluffy, that's a little bit of law insight for me.

niccipops link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=179793.msg214812#msg214812 date=1237760124]
[quote author=niccipops link=topic=179793.msg214810#msg214810 date=1237759644]

[/quote]

This is new to you?
[/quote]Not really. I'm just more personally involved as my favourite player's on the sidelines and my team's going down.

[/quote]

More personally involved than whom?

Than all the fans from the 15 other clubs. If it was a Bronco on the sideline I don't think I'd be madly participating in forums.

niccipops link said:
If anyone remotely  knows anything about the law could you please offer some insight on the following:

Worst Case Scenario - Stewart is charged and case goes to trial at a date further down the track. Does Gallop then step in and make up a new rule further banning Brett from playing?

2nd worst - Sexaul assualt charged dropped but he is charged with a lesser offence, eg, public nuisance and ordered community service, a fine or something along those lines. Same question - Does Gallop then step in and make up a new rule further banning Brett from playing?

Best Case Scenario - Stewart is cleared. Does Gallop then step in and further suspend him because he doesn't like his haircut?

I can't wait to see this guy back on the field. Manly obviously needs him. Where does he stand legally in the above scenarios?

Nicci,

He has been charged. So depending on what happens at his mention date the magistrate will look at the evidence and see if he has a case to answer, if he believes there is enough evidence from the prosecution and Brett pleads not guilty then it will go for hearing.  Mind you Bellew will no doubt attempt to discredit any evidence that the prosecution has in attempt to have the charges dismissed so Brett walks.  

Then again there may not be enough evidence for a sexual assualt and the charges maybe down graded.

When the DPP goes through the brief and they think they can not possible get a conviction with the facts they have been provided they will drop the case and Brett walks.

This is all speculation thou and that is all anyone on hear can offer in relation to the court case. Even if you could look at the brief the police have compiled it is still a matter for the court to decide. But I pray that it doesn't go that far and all charges are dropped before hand. Lets hope hey.

Thanks Ryno. I appreciate all new information relating to the court system. It all clears things up a little bit for me.

Look the problem with this being high profile is that senior police & potentiually also the DPP might want to see this at least go to trial to avoid being seen as going soft on footballers, or not supporting the girl involved.

From what I hear the DPP might be in for a shock on April 7, hears hoping anyway.

The Wheel link said:
Look the problem with this being high profile is that senior police & potentiually also the DPP might want to see this at least go to trial to avoid being seen as going soft on footballers, or not supporting the girl involved.

From what I hear the DPP might be in for a shock on April 7, hears hoping anyway.
I hope you're hearing the right stuff Wheel.

They can only go off what evidence they have if it's not there to get them a conviction they won't bat on with it. That is why the DPP dropped the bulldogs case, they did't have what they needed to secure a conviction. From what I hear Senior police at the time pressured the investigating police to keep pushing with it but there was nothing in it. There was a story on 60 minutes I think a couple of years ago. Most of the Police are either off on stress or out of the job now. I don't think they would do the same again.

My biggest worry is another media frenzy generating more bad publicity (especially from women's groups etc.) prompting our mate Dave to react once more to the general public and invent another breach of the Code of Conduct and once again throw Stewart to the wolves as a new example to all players.

niccipops link said:
[quote author=The Wheel link=topic=179793.msg214824#msg214824 date=1237761963]

I hope you're hearing the right stuff Wheel.
[/quote]

So do I, keep your fingers & toes crossed

Less than 5% of sexual assult charges result in convictions.  The balance of probabalities say he will get off.  All depends on the evidence I guess. 

Garts link said:
Less than 5% of sexual assult charges result in convictions.  The balance of probabalities say he will get off.  All depends on the evidence I guess. 

I think they were referring to his injunction against the 4 match ban

Dan link said:
[quote author=Garts link=topic=179793.msg214877#msg214877 date=1237770887]

I think they were referring to his injunction against the 4 match ban
[/quote]Is there any more news about Stewart pursueing his challenge against the ban?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7