Stewart looking for Catalans deal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Turbo

Bencher
Manly fullback Brett Stewart looking to sign a three-year deal with French Super League club Catalans
9 minutes ago
Rebecca Wilson, Dean Ritchie and Christian NicolussiThe Daily Telegraph

BRETT Stewart’s days at Manly may be about to end with the premiership fullback looking to sign a three-year deal with French Super League club Catalans.

The deal would reunite him with older brother Glenn at the top-of-the-table side as early as next season.

Manly insiders are remaining silent on the issue but Sport Confidential understands coach Trent Barrett has had several long conversations with Stewart about the match-fixing allegations against the club being investigated by police which have affected his on-field performances in recent weeks.

The team’s overall performance on Monday night was dismal but Stewart stood out for the lack of intensity and general bad form that has become a symptom of his issues off the field this season.

31e645cacc1604a5186242c8978b817d

Brett Stewart after the Panthers score a try during their round 14 clash. pic Mark Evans
Manly are concerned about Stewart’s welfare and are trying all measures to help the fullback through difficult times.

The club is not officially shopping him around but Sport Confidential understands his manager, George Mimis, is exploring options that could involve Stewart exiting his contract a year earlier than expected.

Stewart has been in poor form in recent months and his performances have been overshadowed by the hulking presence of winger/fullback Tom Trbojevic, one of the NRL’s brightest young stars.

Last edited by a moderator:
If true farewell champ, I'll remember the good times and try and blot out the last 2 years!!
I thought he was pretty good last year, though this year he has dropped off in all aspects, ball playing, try scoring and his main weapon speed have all gone and he struggles to keep up with our front rowers these days. Tom will be there next year though, we are a very lucky team to replace one of the greats with a future great fullback of the game. On the bright side plenty of cash for the club to spend on good buys hopefully starting with a 5/8 and a coach.

I thought he was pretty good last year, though this year he has dropped off in all aspects, ball playing, try scoring and his main weapon speed have all gone and he struggles to keep up with our front rowers these days. Tom will be there next year though, we are a very lucky team to replace one of the greats with a future great fullback of the game. On the bright side plenty of cash for the club to spend on good buys hopefully starting with a 5/8 and a coach.

Turbo, hate to burst your bubble but Tom is being groomed to replace Shoulders Matai!

Writing has been on the wall for a while now, timing is interesting, day after origin znx we get Skivvy and Snake stories.

This would mean lots of cash to spend in 2017.

Writing has been on the wall for a while now, timing is interesting, day after origin znx we get Skivvy and Snake stories.

This would mean lots of cash to spend in 2017.
I think we may keep the majority of that cash for 2018. Not to many quality centres, 5/8 and centres off contract this year.

Not his play last year, but the behind the scenes stuff!!

Turbo Tommy plays 3 games at centre and because he's done well there he's suddenly being groomed to be our long term centre?

He is only there because Snake is still the fullback and we need someone in the centres right now to replace Skivy. The fact that he is talented enough to do it (on one leg no less) doesn't mean he is going to be a centre.

I have to agree with @Turbo on this one. Tom will be the Manly fullback when Snake leaves.

One thing I think will happen is everyone will complain when he carves up the super league that we should put have let him go early, hopefully that complaint doesn't occur.
Baby, it doesn't matter what you think will happen. Witness this year.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2