Stewart Wins Payout

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rusty

Bencher
I noticed this snippet in an article on the SMH website

----------------------

STEWART WINS PAYOUT

BRETT STEWART was hammered by plenty of people in the media - none more than the News Ltd press. It was clear from early on to those who did some investigating that he was not guilty of what was being alleged and that the girl at the centre of the claims had some issues. That didn't stop the Daily Telegraph of accusing Stewart of sexually assaulting the girl. Well, it appears Stewart has been rewarded with quite a hefty defamation payout - the figure which has been leaked to me is $210,000. It sounds hefty, but no price can be put on the public scorn and anger he was wrongly subjected to throughout the entire ordeal. Stewart adopted a smart tactic of saying nothing to the media as the frenzy around him went on. Take it as fact he is still dirty on large slabs of the media. The money wont make him forget or forgive those who went after him without knowing what really happened, nor should he.

----------------

I would have submitted this as an article, but I have tried that dozens of times and never had one work thus far.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/titans-hope-tv-deal-will-lure-idris-north-20110402-1cscs.html

He shouldn't restrict himself to News Ltd. Surely Fairfax, through the efforts of Fitzsimons and Magnay in particular, defamed Snake too.....

I'm sure that figure is understated.  I well remember them knocking back a sum in the vicinity of 400K.  They are being advised by an astute legal team so I'd be skeptical of anything in the papers related to money paid out.  These matters are also governed by strict confidentiality clauses. 

DSM5 link said:
I'm sure that figure is understated.  I well remember them knocking back a sum in the vicinity of 400K.  They are being advised by an astute legal team so I'd be skeptical of anything in the papers related to money paid out.  These matters are also governed by strict confidentiality clauses. 

Sure, and there might well be more then one case in question, certainly he might have sued the paper on multiple counts right?

Correct.  However I don't think he'll get what he deserves out of the likes of Gallop. That crunt trashed his reputation.  An enduring shame on the officialdom.  No wonder he's scuttling down to Canberra.  I doubt whether he has the support of that many clubs to get a gig with the new IC.  Unless News Ltd has foisted him upon them in the washup of negotiations. 

I wonder if multiple counts would/could include individuals or just the organisation (eg News ltd).  There's a long list of names and even at 200k each that would be getting to a payout he deserves.

Rusty link said:
I noticed this snippet in an article on the SMH website

----------------------

STEWART WINS PAYOUT

BRETT STEWART was hammered by plenty of people in the media - none more than the News Ltd press. It was clear from early on to those who did some investigating that he was not guilty of what was being alleged and that the girl at the centre of the claims had some issues. That didn't stop the Daily Telegraph of accusing Stewart of sexually assaulting the girl. Well, it appears Stewart has been rewarded with quite a hefty defamation payout - the figure which has been leaked to me is $210,000. It sounds hefty, but no price can be put on the public scorn and anger he was wrongly subjected to throughout the entire ordeal. Stewart adopted a smart tactic of saying nothing to the media as the frenzy around him went on. Take it as fact he is still dirty on large slabs of the media. The money wont make him forget or forgive those who went after him without knowing what really happened, nor should he.

----------------

I would have submitted this as an article, but I have tried that dozens of times and never had one work thus far.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/titans-hope-tv-deal-will-lure-idris-north-20110402-1cscs.html

Rusty can you try it again for me with anything. Doesn't have to be an article. Just put some garbage in and I will see  if it comes through

Shame that the payout does not come with a front, back and centre-page spread apology. If I had to put a dollar figure on damages from all parties, it would have been over 500,000. Hope that he seeks damages from the other defaming parties as well.

Stewart and his legal team are a class act, no doubt. They are not playing out their hand in public which is very smart. Hope he gets the financial justice he deserves. I would not have asked for an apology from News Ltd. Goes to show how much class they lack by not offering a sizable and public apology free of charge.

Rusty link said:

Rusty,

When you are submitting articles, are you marking the "Yes" box where it says:
"Show on Front Page:"?

If you are not marking that box then ManlyBacker won't see it and he won't be able to process it.

Just tried it now. In the past I have found that when I submitted an article I would wait many hours and in the meantime someone else would post the same thing, and people would start to discuss it. Seems like more effort then it is worth to bother adding things again and again when it is easier and quicker and more effective to start a thread.

I don't know Dan if it is something wrong with the way I am submitting articles or if others are always getting in first or perhaps that their is just such a lag in time between it being submitted and added that someone else always gets the article up in between...

I just get frustrated adding an article and then waiting half a day to discuss it, and then it is posted by someone else.

I can definitely see your article Rusty. What you say is fair enough and I understand your frustration. I am not on here all the time as I don't work in an office and apologies for the delays you have experienced.

There are many reasons why Dan prefers all news articles to be submitted this way. However we have had a huge influx of new posters who just don't read the stickies. Sometimes a small news article is submitted but it has already been added to an existing topic covering the same theme. That makes sense otherwise we end up with the same comments from posters many times over. Other times I see submissions to news discussed over two days ago (not that applies to you :)).

Anyway, keep doing what you are doing. It is appreciated and thanks for your efforts.

Why not just implement a rule that those with a post count greater then say 200, do not need an admin to approve/publish an article? 
Problem solved.

I reckon when Snakes legal team puts the cleaners through that low life News Ltd itll be closer to several hundred thousand dollars.The financial loss to Snake through lost revenue being the face of league would be a lot.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4