Stiffed?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
It's a bit of an insult to Jason King that he can't get picked over pugs like Gibbs, Galloway, Mannah and Grant.

And Kite passed over for cannon fodder like White, Snowden, Masen and Leahroyd Lars.

2 possible explanations:

1.  A quota was slapped on and the powers that be applied a merc clause on us once we supplied 8 players to meaningless rep games.

2.  Bellamy has had a hand in city vs country selections and has no intention of selecting either for Origin.

It would set up a ridiculous situation for Kite to be selected for NSW now when he seems around 10th in the NSW prop pecking order?

Gibbs and Galloway are fair enough on form, but our boys are better than the other 2

Bellamy has definitely had a role in City v Country, I read today that upon Bellamys request Lyon was the country 5/8 until he was picked for Oz

They may already be selected too as usually only a handful of city country players make it

Kite was sh*thouse yesterday. He's been ordinary all season give or take one or two games. Snowden and TLL deserves their spots over him easily. White and Mason are also playing better than him by a fair margin.

King's pretty unlucky, but Mannah has been pretty, pretty good of late, and Grant's got a lot of potential and is playing well.

Not big on Galloway and Gibbs, especially Gibbs but they're probably both going better than King.

Luke Douglas injured? If not, that's more of a travesty than Kite or King.

If King keeps his form and Manly go on with it then he will be in the rep teams at the end of the year. He continues to improve imo. Meanwhile having him, Kite & Ballin to lead our charge against Saints is a bonus.

Matabele link said:
It's a bit of an insult to Jason King that he can't get picked over pugs like Gibbs, Galloway, Mannah and Grant.

And Kite passed over for cannon fodder like White, Snowden, Masen and Leahroyd Lars.

2 possible explanations:

1.  A quota was slapped on and the powers that be applied a merc clause on us once we supplied 8 players to meaningless rep games.

2.  Bellamy has had a hand in city vs country selections and has no intention of selecting either for Origin.

It would set up a ridiculous situation for Kite to be selected for NSW now when he seems around 10th in the NSW prop pecking order?
First of all i nearly got a headache trying to comprehend what u were saying (not having a dig at you,i guess your good choice of words were too much for my mind to comprehend at this time of night,gee thinking hurts!)
But i think i got it.
IMO it is very political,this may sound like a copout,but i've been giving it some thought(brainstrain) and i believe it is totally political,with these selections etc...ie incumbents,picked not on form but because the player is owed something etc etc blah blah.
Oh yeah and it is not uncommon for players to be picked for the green and gold and not make origin at the same time (hope this makes sense without sounding condescending) anyway *sigh* thats my rant.

Volley link said:
Kite was sh*thouse yesterday. He's been ordinary all season give or take one or two games.

Volley, I'm surprised by your strong comments about Kite's form. Both my wife and I have commented at a number of games this year that he is running much harder than last season and giving us great impact from the bench. Personally, I think his origin/test days are over and he's only had moderate impact at those levels. I thought he deserved a country spot but maybe they've marked his card (ie: never to tour again).
As far as King goes I don't think he is a rep player fullstop. I think he's been trying very hard as captain to lead by example this season and is valuable to the team. When it boils down to it he's only ever going to be solid and would be city level at best.

Hopfully this apparent "slap" in the face drags a bit more fire out of both of them in coming weeks.

The two points are there to be had if the team shows some balls this weekend.

By the way, it was mentioned on the weekend that Beau Scott is out for a while with a serious knee injury. If that is true it's a bonus for us because he is a big factor in their solid defensive pattern. He also rides shotgun for the Milkman in defence so we might be able to get more value from targetting him with our forwards.

What's with the problem with Kite?  He's going much better than last year.  And to say that Gibbs and Galloway are going better than King, you  have to be joking or blind.  Watch the game Tigers v Roosters and see their pathetic play.  King is about our best forward.  He's leading from the front and aside from the couple of penalties per game, going great.  And on those penalties; King and our other front rowers get penalized because they're big guys who take a little to much time to get off the tackled player.  Unfair in my book.  We are targetted by the munchkins in the middle as they just don't like us to win and it's an easy penalty to give.   

I suspect that bellyache knows what he is likely to get if he picked King, so he wants a look at these other nuffies.

and Kite's ticket was punched ages ago, he'll not represent again.

Kite is much better this year than last.  He'd have more rep jumpers if he mixed vodka with his Red Bull, or better yet hit the Tooheys with the boys.

Yeah, because not drinking has really hurt Hannant's rep chances.

Fact: Kite has never performed at Origin level. Been pretty impressive for Australia, but really isn't suited to Origin.

Yeah, may have gone overboard a bit Bradza. He's definitely going better than last year, but boy he was ordinary on Sunday.

Kite has never impressed in Origin, he just does not play well there!!!!  I would not pick him if I was Bellamy. 

Garts link said:
Kite has never impressed in Origin, he just does not play well there!!!!  I would not pick him if I was Bellamy. 
If I was Bewllamy I would never surrender. Then I would neck myself.

Perry hasn't been our worst prop, and obviously the selectors don't think so either. Go figure.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7