Still pissed

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

NYEagle

Bencher
I can't get over this video ref howler on Saturday. I am completely frustrated in how a grown man with two eyes can make a decision like that. And his explanation was that he was under pressure?.

****ing idiot watch it again, take 10 minutes if you like - it cost us the game!.

I wish we could all email him and let him have it.......

:mad:

Under pressure?

**** I would love to see him make some of the decisions I have to make at work.

effectively on a daily basis I have to make decisions that could cost thousands of students their degrees etc

It just isnt good enough. If he cant perform under pressure and he has that many looks then the only thing in his mind is doubt
therefore the benefit goes to????

He should have got more than 1 week suspension for that massive error. Maybe the refs need to have carry over points etc like the players do and have some sort of stat system based on errors etc and the stats published weekly so the public can see how they're performing and then they can be accountable for their jobs.

somebody that is supposed to look at the game with fair & unbiased eyes & still gets it so wrong, I have a word for Simpkins "cheat"
harsh or not ?

What really annoys me is they will drop him for a weekend (With Pay), then next week he will be back in the box.

I know mistakes can be made with refing but I can forgive an onfield ref for having the balls to make a call, But the video Ref is a different story with all the angles / replays available he should get it right no excuse (in this case).

The sad part about it is, if the ref had not gone to the video ref and gone with his original call of play on we would be seeing praise for the onfield ref for making the right call.

Harrigan tlaks about refs making the call, well if he did make a call even if he thought it was a knock on he should of called it then and there and we wouldn't of had this mess. If the onfield ref had called a knock on and stopped play i would of forgiven them as mistakes happen (and i wouldn't of known we had scored a try).

The fact is we let them score 22 points, and from there you shouldn't really be winning too many. Yes it was a bad decision, and my whole street knew it, but geez, get over it.

There were bigger problems in the way we played.

Agree 100% gronk

We should be pissed at letting get that far in front. I am not a huge believer in games being decided by one incident - unless it is in the final minute ala the penalty try to the storm in 99

Who knows how the game might have gone had we got that try.. We might have won, we might have lost

As I have said in other posts, it didn't cost us the game but it did cost us any real opportunity to win the game from that point.

I think a fairer outcome would have been that Simpkins is stood down from any Manly games for the remainder of the year. Why should another team get the benefit of not having this idiot adjudicating their games

Agree re the chance to win - as for Simpkins i am not sure what the correct action is

As it stands as long as there are humans making decisions there will be mistakes. You would think the best way to mitigate mistakes is experience however at what cost?

Aren't there two video refs in the box at times?

Perhaps they could push for a 3 ref panel. Majority rules, 3 different answers = doubt and therfore benefit to attack.

If i had my way they'd be in a video ref room for every game no where near the ground. 3 guys who have no idea the current game situation, ie score, time left, current penalty count. Nothing other than the short footage needed to make the decsion.

fLIP said:

Perhaps they could push for a 3 ref panel. Majority rules, 3 different answers = doubt and therfore benefit to attack.

If i had my way they'd be in a video ref room for every game no where near the ground. 3 guys who have no idea the current game situation, ie score, time left, current penalty count. Nothing other than the short footage needed to make the decsion.

Awesome idea.

fLIP said:

The bunker!

That sounds like a good idea to me too fLIP

The rule should be

"if the video ref has viewed the replay 3 times and is still unable to make a definite ruling a try must be awarded with the "benefit of the doubt" displayed.

That has always been pretty much what I have thought.

They should have maybe 2 slow motion looks then one look from each angle and 1 repeat look from another angle. If they can not decide by then, it is benefit of the doubt

Yes but you also have to add the finishing line on that ruling - ...... it is benefit of the doubt...... unless Manly is involved then the decision goes against them. Seems to be the way it happens, just a little too often.

They have to start docking their pay.One week suspended for something that could make a difference at the end of the year just doesnt fit the crime.These people just dont get it.Theyve got the News Ltd disease.

What do NRL refs and video refs get paid? Double it. To lift the standard make those positions much more attractive, increase the competition for spots, and drop officials that make terrible decisions. It's not a short term fix but its the only way to lift the standard.

fLIP said:

Perhaps they could push for a 3 ref panel. Majority rules, 3 different answers = doubt and therefore benefit to attack.

If i had my way they'd be in a video ref room for every game no where near the ground. 3 guys who have no idea the current game situation, ie score, time left, current penalty count. Nothing other than the short footage needed to make the decision.

How many people do they need to see that the ball went backwards. Blind freddy could see the ball went backwards. Only someone under delusion or alternate instructions could have stuffed that up.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6