Stopping Inglis

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

blitzkrieg

Reserve Grader
Just wondering what the thoughts were on stopping Inglis this Friday night.
Obviously we don't have any big men,as such, out wide and Matai has been hot and cold of late. I also have flashbacks of Inglis just swatting Wolfman away with ease during the Origin series( funny then as I'm a Qlder but scary now!) Maybe we could follow the latest trend and run G.Stewy or Watto out wide just to smash Inglis at every chance. Inglis is a big game player and a key for the Storm but can go missing if shortened up early which I believe we need to do to him (legal or otherwise ;))

He goes missing when he gets belted,

If Lyon doesn't play I'd like to see one of out second rowers defending wide between Williams and Farrar, I don't like that pairing against inglis defensively on the other hand it's those speedy guys with a quick change of direction he struggles with defensively.

big bloke
big reach
big fend and strong runner

Get down low and hold on for dear life.

Just get Glenn Hall to run over the top of him again like in the GF, and in the process strategically place a boot on his face

blitzkrieg link said:
[quote author=Spuds Bodyguard link=topic=181629.msg240304#msg240304 date=1252391077]
Sniper?
or perhaps a "Cougar" ;)
[/quote] No way, apparently he punches. I reckon aim big George at him.

niccipops link said:
[quote author=blitzkrieg link=topic=181629.msg240306#msg240306 date=1252391208]
[quote author=Spuds Bodyguard link=topic=181629.msg240304#msg240304 date=1252391077]
Sniper?
or perhaps a "Cougar" ;)
[/quote] No way, apparently he punches. I reckon aim big George at him.
[/quote]
or perhaps Brett could "attempt" self harm and GI will punch him in the face, to help Brett of course, and then be sent off!!!!!!!!!!

Inglis is a menace when he has space. The fend he has just compliments his running ability when he's on the burst so we'll have to cut him off as much as we can.

Matai has got the better of Inglis a couple of times so I would go with him. He's got the big game experience and might just rattle Inglis up a little.

Kiwi's probably nailed it with Glenn Hall or Big Georgie rattling Inglis asap. Was wondering how Manly kept Inglis quiet in last years GF and seem to remember the great tacklers swarming all over him and not giving him room.

Des will prob have Wolfie and others being drilled overtime on how to bring down GI Kimmorley-style from SOO3. Around the legs blokes...but easier said than done on someone that good and mobile.

In defense get up in the face of both Slater and Inglis.  In attack kick the ball away from Slater, chase with a straight line, and have big guys run at Inglis.

Saw a clip before of Inglis' try v the Warriors

It looked as though he found a pretty good paddock to graze in during his 2 weeks off

Inglis will be opposed to Farrar and Wolfman on our right and their left. Next man in on that side is Foran and then Gifty. Other posters are right in that he needs space to make havoc and we will have to be up in his face. Melbourne don't tend to spread the ball wide in their own half and it is mainly in opponent's halves that they spread wide. Des knows the dangers but good field position, an A1 power game and in the face rather than slide defence should be the tactics.

hes a dirty dirty woman bashing grub
i say someome takes one for the term and hits him barrett style

Cliffy Gc link said:
hes a dirty dirty woman bashing grub
i say someome takes one for the term and hits him barrett style

Why don't we give you the No 17 then Cliffy, that way you can do the job instead of others doing the dirty work.

start trying to inflict injury upon yourself.

when he comes to you're aid in the form of a few black eyes he'll quickly be sent from the field.

brookiegreg link said:
Kiwi's probably nailed it with Glenn Hall or Big Georgie rattling Inglis asap. Was wondering how Manly kept Inglis quiet in last years GF and seem to remember the great tacklers swarming all over him and not giving him room.

I remember Lyon trying to start something with him early, and then he kept quiet the rest of the game.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4