Storm Cheering Manly On!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I saw Slater on some Fox program in the lead up to the weekend and he closed by saying, 'Go the mighty Sea Eagles!'
Which was pretty funny.
I don't mind Slater's commentary from the bits I've seen, he seems quite knowledgeable about the game.

I saw Slater on some Fox program in the lead up to the weekend and he closed by saying, 'Go the mighty Sea Eagles!'
Which was pretty funny.
I don't mind Slater's commentary from the bits I've seen, he seems quite knowledgeable about the game.
I agree! Despite playing for Storm, he is actually a very intelligent man and a dam good player. He is probably my favourite Melboure player besides George Rose back in 2014. Slater also stuck up for Cherry Evans on the footy show when Daly backfliped, but the biggest thing I thank Slater for is what he did when Wolfman broke his neck! From behalf of the Silvertails, thanks again Billy!
912417-slater-williams.jpg

I'd take Slater any day of the week compared to captain drizzle. Slater has a strong understanding and intelligence about the game. He can be borderline dirty sometimes too as a player. Won't forget him craddling Wolfie afterhis broken neck injury.

A slater love in on Silvertails ?

I just brought up my breakfast

One decent act does not make him a good man. Several rules have had to be changed because of him (kicking out when fielding a bomb amd sliding feet first to save a try). I will also never forgive him for his part in attempting to cleave Snakes head off in the 07 GF. He is a grub regardless of one decent thing!

I met him at Flemington Races 2 years ago. Nice Bloke Billy Slater and tipped me a few winners plus bought us a few rounds so he must be a Good Bloke LOL. And a Good Qlder . LOL. Only Maroon Blood runs threw these Veins. Manly and Qld

One decent act does not make him a good man. Several rules have had to be changed because of him (kicking out when fielding a bomb amd sliding feet first to save a try). I will also never forgive him for his part in attempting to cleave Snakes head off in the 07 GF. He is a grub regardless of one decent thing!

30mins after doing the right thing with Wolfman, he came down with a forearm across DCEs face after he was dumped in a tackle.

Kicking John Skandalis in the head, and running 20m to punch Nightingale in the face while both his arms were being held back are another couple of his heroic acts

Was also the mention on here of him telling a group of 8-10 year olds to "**** off" because they said go manly

What about leading with the legs in the 2008 GF?

He is a cat with a classic case of white line fever (Wolfie aside)

A slater love in on Silvertails ?

I just brought up my breakfast
Haha not suggesting he is loveable, far from it, the list of grubby acts is long and reprehensible.
Nevertheless I admire a bloke who is only about jockey-size for prospering at NRL for such a long time, plus his analysis of the game seems superior to some of the other talking heads they put on telly.

Don't feel any negativity towards the storm as much as in the past.Propably because we've beaten them in the crunch games i.e. 2008 g/f & brookie brawl.2007 doesn't mean anything as that was taken away from them.

2007 doesn't mean anything as that was taken away from them.

... and everyone else, particularly the Broncos, Eels and Sea Eagles who they knocked out of the 2007 finals series and all the the other teams they knocked out during that 4 year period (including us again in 2009).

They even denied the sharks an opportunity to lose another GF in 2008.

What might our 2007-2013 "golden era" look like without their cheating influence?

It means something to me because the history of this sport now has an empty hole. 2 full seasons of effort and skill from 15 other teams as well as the emotions of the fans and all the hyperbole from the media that we get swept up in and neglect other areas of our lives. All for nothing thanks to the dirty cheating purple scum!

And as for Slater being a good bloke just because he helped Wolfie, all he did was what ANY player would do in ANY sport at the professional or amateur level would have done - or for that matter anyone who doesn't want to be responsible for intentionally breaking someone's neck. That is not a high enough standard for me to redeem his grub form that the media completely ignore, let alone to call him a good bloke.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6