Storm want Michael Oldfield ???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagle007

Reserve Grader
From Daily Telegraph: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/the-lowdown-sea-eagles-v-dragons/story-e6frexnr-1226380285656

TWO weeks ago Melbourne Storm officials paid for one of Manly's cast of free agents to fly south and tour their facilities at AAMI Park.

Because neither Tony Williams, Kieran Foran, Brett Stewart nor Steve Matai were on the plane, the trip remained quiet until the mystery man grabbed a hat-trick at Brookvale last night.

Of Manly's 10 off-contract first- graders this year, winger Michael Oldfield boasts the lowest profile.

But the Sea Eagles junior and former junior athlete's three tries were the highlight of a grinding contest against St George Illawarra that was not sealed until his final try in the 74th minute.

"Hopefully this should help (me get a contract next year), but time will tell," Oldfield said.

"It's great to get one try let alone three, so this was special."

None of Oldfield's tries will make the end-of-season highlights reel, with the winger benefiting from superb lead-up work from inside men Jamie Lyon and Glenn Stewart on all three occasions.
But much like the tattered premiers, he nevertheless got the job done with a minimum of fuss.

One of four teams without a bye over the season's first half, Manly gladly limped into next weekend's blessed break with a host of stars on ice.

By my count that makes 11 of our top 13 players being linked to other clubs by this speculative type of journalism.
Jamie and Choc must be wondering what they have done wrong to avoid the gossip-mongering!

The Who said:
By my count that makes 11 of our top 13 players being linked to other clubs by this speculative type of journalism.
Jamie and Choc must be wondering what they have done wrong to avoid the gossip-mongering!

Don't you recall the Choc to Storm rumours? LoL

Ryan said:
The Who said:

No, I must have been asleep when these surfaced. Then it's 12 from 13...
Come on, let's not make Jamie feel out of it. Which rival team should we tell the journos he's been linked to? North Queensland? Yes, he loves his pig shooting, and there are plenty of pigs there . . . no offence Jonathan!

Seriously though mate, I 100% agree with you. It's embarrassing. One of our players has a half decent game, and they are the hottest commidity in the game today !

Joke.

Massoud can stick it up his arse. Has he SEEN the wingers Melbourne have at present? Does he even know who they are? They are pretty damned handy.

O'Neil and Duffie are both bordering rep players. Then add a 28/29 year old Quinn in there at a stretch.

Oldfield would be well, and I mean WELL down the pecking order there as well.

Yep Oldfield would be silly to leave us now that Whare has gone to the Riff.

The daily telegraph is hilarious really. A Manly win and now the kid who scored three tries is leaving. They're running out of big names for the exodus rumours but I do hope we keep this guy as he has speed to burn and safe hands on the fly.

The Who said:
Ryan said:
The Who said:

No, I must have been asleep when these surfaced. Then it's 12 from 13...
Come on, let's not make Jamie feel out of it. Which rival team should we tell the journos he's been linked to? North Queensland? Yes, he loves his pig shooting, and there are plenty of pigs there . . . no offence Jonathan!

"The Warriors are refusing to comment on rumours they have made an approach to sign Manly skipper Jamie Lyon for next season.

The former Kangaroo and Origin star is not off contract until the end of 2013 and would be considered a long shot to up sticks and move across the Tasman. But one well-placed source has told Sunday News the Warriors are genuinely interested in him."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/6674603/Warriors-tight-lipped-over-Jamie-Lyon-rumours

The funniest part of the article was the bit that said none of the tries will make the end of season highlights reel

The work of Lyon for try 1 was absolute class, and the work of Stewart for the last try the same. Both are great tries that will be shown plenty of times

Kiwi Eagle said:
The funniest part of the article was the bit that said none of the tries will make the end of season highlights reel

The work of Lyon for try 1 was absolute class, and the work of Stewart for the last try the same. Both are great tries that will be shown plenty of times

Loved Stewarts work in that 3rd try. Absolute class. Where's TC to tell us snake has an 'average' pass.

Show on the inside and a quick short ball all in one smooth movement hitting oldfield on the chest angling infielf. Perfect!

Mals said:
Does anyone know what deal Oldfield is on at the moment. Probably minimum I guess..?

Bit more than that, I'd say.

It isn't crazy that the Storm have at least made some enquiries into Oldy. Consider how it seemed as if he'd been frozen out earlier on in the year, with Wookie, Whare & Taufua all ahead of him. Storm were probably looking at him for their NSW cup team & to battle out the #3 spot with Sisa Waqa. Oldfield has utility value as well, can play center or fullback.

I'd say that he'll stay now that Whare is going. It'll be good to see another local junior sticking with the team.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6