STRONGER - Sea Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ramrod

Reserve Grader
For all the things that has happened in 2011, my resolve and passion for the Sea Eagles has never been stronger.

My feeling is that we're not so much under siege as we were back in 1999 or 2002. That was certainly worse. in 2002, seeing 5000 at a home game was heart breaking.

Just a reminder to everyone:

Manly has a history of dramas, it's not the first and won't be the last.

Back in 1977, when Fulton joined Easts, Manly lost a favourite son. Guess what? We won in 1978. It didn't matter.

Back in 1989, when Shearer was off to the Broncs and Vautin was let go. Fans were baying for Doug Daley's blood. Now, we can see Doug did the right thing. We needed a clean out. Shearer went for the money and admitted he regretted it later.

When Turban left for more money at end of 1996, he too regretted it later. If you leave after playing for Manly, chances are you won't be playing like you should, anymore.

The worst thing to happen to Manly was to have our colours tainted with Norths'. Guess what? We got rid of the losers and we won again.

So, the thing is, I'll admit I enjoyed the leaked emails as it helped show the truth for what and who they are. So, thank you to whoever did it and I don't care what some Des' loyal players may think.

1. Players and staff come and go. The club is forever.

2. My respect for our true legends who stood up for our club has grown exponentially - Thrower, Arko, Fredo, Igor, Tooves, Beaver, Magilla and others. Also, kudos to Choc who stood up for our club even when he's miles away.

3. I will ensure my membership is signed up for 2012. Time for solidarity in the face of adversity. Time to show those opposition fans that we're not bothered. Won't it annoy all of them if we won another premiership in spite of all this? BRING IT ON!!!

-------------

Absolutely.... I'd like to enjoy the cricket season first but definitely looking forward to the WCC and the 2012 season.

Well said Ramrod you've summarised the situation well. It would be great to see our membership increase from last year, we just won the GF so under normal circumstances you would expect it to. However, the fallout from the "Des Loyalists" staying away from Brookie may be a factor in 2012. It's a shame cause Tooves and the players are the innocent parties who end up penalised.

Nice post.

My membership for 2012 already paid for (even though the mayans say this is the final chukka).

Without offence to the individual posters, I would dearly love to see the end of:

What if [insert person/situation] does [insert worst possible senario]?

They're a drivin me a crazy:twitch:

Im excited too and my Membership is always renewed as its Manly and not personnel focused.

There is still the majority of the 2008 squad left, veterens ready to ease 2v into Premiership Winning Coach role :D

I can't wait for the 2012 season. Looking forward to the era of Toovey.
Membership for next year has been renewed as well. I will not bail on my beloved Sea Eagles

I was going to let my season tickets go and have a minor membership because I have moved to Canberra to live. After all that has gone on I have renewed my season tickets for myself and my lovely wife. Even if we only get to the last game of the year, that's Ok, I'm supporting my club.

Exactly. The entire squad could go and play French rugby next year and I would would still be the first with my Manly jersey on to cheer the team on in round one.

Fans follow clubs, not players or coaches.

CLIT COMMANDER said:
Exactly. The entire squad could go and play French rugby next year and I would would still be the first with my Manly jersey on to cheer the team on in round one.

Best post of this week.

When I die I'll be buried in a Sea Eagles Jersey...wouldn't have it any other way.

Mark from Brisbane said:
CLIT COMMANDER said:

Best post of this week.

When I die I'll be buried in a Sea Eagles Jersey...wouldn't have it any other way.

Any particular years Jersey Mark.....just asking !

2V said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
CLIT COMMANDER said:

Best post of this week.

Any particular years Jersey Mark.....just asking !

Hopefully the 2089 jersey.

In 2089 I'd be 135, so that's doubtful.

I have a framed "Sea Eagles Legends" Jersey up at home (including Des Hasler) that would be a reasonable choice...but probably the first Jersey I ever bought, about 1976 (must have been then as that was my first GF) which is still hanging up at home.

Mark from Brisbane said:

I have a framed "Sea Eagles Legends" Jersey up at home (including Des Hasler) that would be a reasonable choice...but probably the first Jersey I ever bought, about 1976 (must have been then as that was my first GF) which is still hanging up at home.

That's why I said 2089, just wishing ya a long and happy life!

globaleagle said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

That's why I said 2089, just wishing ya a long and happy life!

Love ya work Global....mate of I could get another 20 years I'd be over the moon, another 30 would even be better, another 40 and I won't even know who I am or where I am so who cares!!

Ramrod said:
When Turban left for more money at end of 1996, he too regretted it later. If you leave after playing for Manly, chances are you won't be playing like you should, anymore.

OK, I'm going to ask. Who is/was the Turban?

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6