Sum up the last two weeks for Manly.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
So i have just got back from two weeks overseas. When i left we were about to play the cowboi's and the club was holding it together, now it seems we have hit rock bottom.
Can someone bring me up to date with the goings on. (and what arenall these abbreviations?)
Cheers.

So i have just got back from two weeks overseas. When i left we were about to play the cowboi's and the club was holding it together, now it seems we have hit rock bottom.
Can someone bring me up to date with the goings on. (and what arenall these abbreviations?)
Cheers.
Won all 3 grades across the ditch, against all odds -> :)
2v released for non-performance after round 5, but only OFFICIAL this week -> :mad:

The whole Manly Hating and Manly Loving Community united behind 2v -> :inlove:
Matai reckons we have 10 wins in us this year, and by his reckoning it takes us into the GF :clap:
(No one brave enough to correct him that 10 wins actually will get 2v his first/last Manly Premiership as a Coach:giggle: )

Toovey has become a demi-god, the Penns are persona non grata (whatever that means) and our finals hopes are still hanging by a single (pure silk) thread.
Aside from that, you haven't missed anything important.

We have signed another hooker, yeah thats four we have now.

They have **** on a Manly legend.

Embarrassed everyone with a stupid press conference where they trotted out Lyon, Stewart, Matai and DCE. this in the week of our most important match of the season.

They announce a non-manly coach for 2016.

Pull the plug on the Eagle Angels.

And in the words of Brett Stewart "its just a normal week at Manly"

Cheers.
Nah rock bottom was a while back. Maybe after the Dragons loss.

This is more like limbo until our Phoenix like resurgence next year.

#OPTIMISTIC

We have signed another hooker, yeah thats four we have now.

They have **** on a Manly legend.

Embarrassed everyone with a stupid press conference where they trotted out Lyon, Stewart, Matai and DCE. this in the week of our most important match of the season.

They announce a non-manly coach for 2016.

Pull the plug on the Eagle Angels.

And in the words of Brett Stewart "its just a normal week at Manly"

Oh and as to the rest of it, well this pretty much sums it up!!

img_20150726_004855-jpg.2061

Spot the Difference

img_20150729_140217-jpg.2071

img_20150726_004855-jpg.2061

Spot the Difference

img_20150729_140217-jpg.2071
Easy, one shows two former international footballers shaking hands. Their body language suggests mutual respect.

The second shows one of the former shaking hands with a man who was never more than a reserve grade player, who could kick goals. On the back of a catchy nickname, he has somehow convinced a few people that he is a Manly 'legend'.

Easy, one shows two former international footballers shaking hands. Their body language suggests mutual respect.

The second shows one of the former shaking hands with a man who was never more than a reserve grade player, who could kick goals. On the back of a catchy nickname, he has somehow convinced a few people that he is a Manly 'legend'.
1973 was considered the most brutal grand final of all time and a game not meant for the faint hearted and all these legends made our club proud
Graham Eadie, Ken Irvine, Ray Branighan, Bob Fulton, Max Brown, Ian Martin, Johnny Mayes, Malcolm Reilly, Terry Randall, Peter Peters, John O'Neill, Freddie Jones (c), Bill Hamilton.

Manly%201973%20Grand%20Final.jpg

Last edited:
Peter Peters was mostly a reserve grade player at Parra-doesn't-matta. Arko then signed him from 1969 and again he was mostly a reserve grade player and really only started to hold down a first grade spot after Alan Thomson went back to Newcastle following our 1972 GF win. He retired after 1974 having played 84 games (73 for Manly), 15 tries (14 for us), 47 goals (19 for us) and 1 FG kicked for the Speels in 1969, his rookie season.

Then some dummy from 2GB got the idea to put a microphone in his hands and league (and sports) fans in general have had to suffer him ever since.

Like Bozo......he was a Wollongong Wests junior. That's the same club Snake and Gifty came from. Now you know how their dad and Peters are mates.

Unfortunately Tooves is just the latest victim in Zorba's campaign to get rid of everyone who didn't support him when he got the sack a few years ago (considering what happened then, the Angels didn't support him and what's now happening there.......). I swear he thinks of himself as the current day "Godfather of Manly" :swear:

Oh, and on field last weekend in Auckland it was the Trbojevic show. Turbo Tommy scored 4 tries and ran for 466 metres in the NYC game against the Warriors, while Jake ran for 238 metres, made 28 tackles and zero missed tackles in the NRL game. Jake also scored his first ever NRL try.

And Snake scored a double against the Warriors to move to 160 career tries and outright 6th on the all-time list.

Last edited:
1973 was considered the most brutal grand final of all time and a game not meant for the faint hearted and all these legends made our club proud
Graham Eadie, Ken Irvine, Ray Branighan, Bob Fulton, Max Brown, Ian Martin, Johnny Mayes, Malcolm Reilly, Terry Randall, Peter Peters, John O'Neill, Freddie Jones (c), Bill Hamilton.

View attachment 2102
Don't they look like a bunch of hard arses in that photo - love it.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4