Suncorp Stadium

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
Anyone know that Suncorp deal was a three year deal? Get used to it then I suppose.

Good for Broncos fans. Big up yours to all Manly season ticket holders though.

Nice to see us giving The Broncos a leg up.

FMD. I get it's all about getting Penn some of his money back, but I would have much prefered Kelly get another sponsor instead.

Aren't all clubs entrusted to 'spread the game of rugby league' by taking matches to rural and regional areas?
How many home games do the Broncos take from Suncorp?
Just another example of the NRL's allowing television to run the sport.

This 3 year deal is naught about the club and fans, and all about money. Like Bennett was saying when he was smiling and chuckling pre game.

"This isn't an away game".

No wonder you could hear the Broncos huddle claiming "this is easy !!!" followed by laughter.

"Negotiations for one more Manly home game to be moved and played in Vancouver, Canada are still ongoing."

-ge

Unfortunately $$ come before us fans. I heard that the Manly club get $350k for taking each home game to Suncorp. If you owned the club, it would be hard to give up that cash versus losing money at Brookie.

Whilst I agree that it would be better to serve the game and the brand by going to a regional area, I fail to see how it is an up yours to season ticket holders.
We buy our season tickets (and have done for over a decade now) in the complete knowledge that that means 10 of the 12 games. Where they take the other two is nothing to do with memberships. I'd rather get the money and the bigger fan base by taking them to Brisbane than Gosford.
I went up this year. I doubt I would again in the next three years but I know I wouldn't have gone to Gosford.

Whilst I agree that it would be better to serve the game and the brand by going to a regional area, I fail to see how it is an up yours to season ticket holders.
We buy our season tickets (and have done for over a decade now) in the complete knowledge that that means 10 of the 12 games. Where they take the other two is nothing to do with memberships. I'd rather get the money and the bigger fan base by taking them to Brisbane than Gosford.
I went up this year. I doubt I would again in the next three years but I know I wouldn't have gone to Gosford.

I have and would go to Gosford. Why do you hate it? It's a kick in the pants, because Gosford has always been a venue people with jobs could actually get to Friday nights.

We have a great record there (as The Sea Eagles).

You saw on TV I assume Bennett's comments, with the overtone that it was a stupid move, that he accepted with open arms?

Don't take a home game to the home of the opposition you're playing. What a joke. No way is taking games to Suncorp to play Brisbane appropriate in any other way than money alone.

Typical Kelly move. Screw the fans, line Penn's pocket (or ease the hurt) as we are hemorraging profits at the moment.

Manly fans may be upset the Sea Eagles took a big home game against the Broncos to Brisbane last weekend.

The Sea Eagles though cashed-in big time financially.

Manly banked around $350,000 for the game and the club has signed a three-year deal with Suncorp Stadium - playing one game there a year - worth more than $1m.

Now that's good money, particularly when you have private owners.

http://www.sportingnews.com/league/...hts-mess-he-caused/19tt85kmxz1gv1trrus2cmqkq7

The game does not have to be against Brisbane.

It would obviously be a part of a double header, but the opposition can be anyone.

The agreement is with Suncorp Stadium, not the Bronco's.

I would bloody well hope it is NOT the Bronco's though.

Anyone know that Suncorp deal was a three year deal? Get used to it then I suppose.

Good for Broncos fans. Big up yours to all Manly season ticket holders though.

Nice to see us giving The Broncos a leg up.

FMD. I get it's all about getting Penn some of his money back, but I would have much prefered Kelly get another sponsor instead.
Well for the fact I live 30mins from Suncorp, I'm stoked.

What do home games earn us? Anyone in the know??
An earlier poster claimed it was $250,000.
If that's the case then the upside of just $100,000 per match is not worth it - particularly as it lessens our chances of making finals football and the potential income that flows from being successful on the field.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4