Sunday's Crowd

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

simon64

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
With the number of listings still on e-bay (and the ridiculous expectation of Souffs fans) there is no doubt that there will be empty seats come Sunday.

This coupled with the fact that Ticketek still have some left....how many we don't know....clearly shows the "we can charge whatever we like" policy has been an abject failure.

So what do people think the crowd figure will be ?

My guess...........67,152.

There will be over 80000 guaranteed. Tickets are near sold out and those with tickets on ebay will flog them off somehow or end up going. If you think about 12000 people will simply not turn up after spending hundreds of dollars then you have rocks in your head.

Nah, 68-72K tops.

And the media will blame Silvertails and Silver-spoon supporters for being fickle and not wishing to travel further than their own back yard. :mad:

The true cause of the unsold tickets is the ridiculous price increase.
Who the f__k do they think they are ??>
This price increase on GF Tickets has brought the game into disrepute and the Accountant responsible should pay a $10k fine, or donate $100k worth of tickets to the clubs.

EagleFromMay1967 said:
Nah, 68-72K tops.

And the media will blame Silvertails and Silver-spoon supporters for being fickle and not wishing to travel further than their own back yard. :mad:

The true cause of the unsold tickets is the ridiculous price increase.
Who the f__k do they think they are ??>
This price increase on GF Tickets has brought the game into disrepute and the Accountant responsible should pay a $10k fine, or donate $100k worth of tickets to the clubs.

Hey all first time poster. I disagree. Maybe they should have increased the prices incrementally, but to get to the afl gf cheapest seats are $150. And you'd still be heaps high up at the mcg 2. Our cheapest $50. They should keep the gf prices the same. And lower the hell out of the other finals games. That was totally unacceptable.
Ps manly fans do travel :)

Low 70k with quite a few bought tickets not being used.
I am aware of a handful myself, who are not aware/able to use the Internet to resell:(

In real terms, the NRLwill have doubled their revenue due to increased ticket priced and re categorised seats.
So the disenfranchising of Souths, Cowboys etc Fans will not bother them.
I also believe that Manly Fans will be attacked by the Media, its a Finals tradition now :mad:

Dont understsand why the option of a ticket buy back for the GF is not available.:huh:

The NRL won't care if they don't turn up they already have got the cash for the Tix

78'ish is my guess. not that we'll really know exactly, NRL won't want to look bad for upping the prices so i dare say if they need to, figures will be fudged.

If Manly vs Melbourne gets 80,000 then no doubt we'll see a figure above that mark. Expect plenty of cheap tickets on e-Bay tonight as Souths fans realise that taking anything for their tickets, is better than nothing. But as always on there, buyers be warned....

It won't matter if they fudge the figures. All of us at the ground will know.

If it's close to capacity, there will be a few thousand non-Manly, non-Rooters fans there that just couldn't move their tickets.

Don't think the prices will ever come down again.

From what I've read there are still going to be a lot of people (mostly Souff$ fans who bought tickets expecting the Wabbits to be there) who are going to go despite not being Manly or Chooks fans. And surprisingly (or not), a lot have declared that while they don't really care who wins, they won't be cheering the Chooks.

I'd honestly be surprised if an all-Sydney grand final didn't attract at least 80,000 to ANZ tomorrow.

HoldenV8 said:
From what I've read there are still going to be a lot of people (mostly Souff$ fans who bought tickets expecting the Wabbits to be there) who are going to go despite not being Manly or Chooks fans. And surprisingly (or not), a lot have declared that while they don't really care who wins, they won't be cheering the Chooks.

I'd honestly be surprised if an all-Sydney grand final didn't attract at least 80,000 to ANZ tomorrow.

Agreed, a crowd under 80K would be a surprise.

Is Darren going?

81,305 . I expect quite a few neutrals though . Surely they would be cheering us on being mainly Souths fans

stoked - I wasn't going to go as I just had a 25K tax bill and am flat broke now.
Just picked up two platinum tickets on ebay for 90 bucks each.

I'm on may way - woohoo

lowest crowd for a long time coming, defo gonna be sub 80K

NRL will just blame manly fans even though we have packed out the 3 other grand finals we played recently

Ticketek are down to single seats only in the gold and silver sections.

Only diamond and platinum remain....not sure how many though.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8