Super League player collapses and dies

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
Whats the chances we've got ourselves a dodgy batch of roids?

October 14, 2008 WAKEFIELD Trinity prop forward Adam Watene has died at the age of 31, the Super League club announced.

A club statement read: "The Wakefield Trinity Wildcats are sad to announce the sudden passing of Adam Watene, 31. The circumstances surrounding Adam's death were sudden and unexpected.

"Everyone at the Wildcats' thoughts are with Adam's family, and we ask for their privacy to be respected at this difficult time. There will be no further comment from the club at this stage."

The Yorkshire Post said Watene collapsed in the gym during a weights training session.

Watene, from the Cook Islands, helped Castleford Tigers gain promotion to the Super League in 2005 but moved on to Bradford Bulls in 2006.

After four appearances for the Bulls, Watene, whose brother Frank plays for Halifax, joined Wakefield in 2006 and became a regular for the Wildcats, making 24 appearances before his untimely death.

Flip, there is the sadest video with a soccer player dieing on the field, nothing to do with drugs or anything, just simply collapsed and died due to a heart disorder. This could be the same thing.

or a head injury, I remember a fair few years back a bloke collapsed and died on the field at Harbord Park.

He was concussed in the first half or the day before, he played again, took one knock to the head and he died

Zep link said:
Flip, there is the sadest video with a soccer player dieing on the field, nothing to do with drugs or anything, just simply collapsed and died due to a heart disorder. This could be the same thing.

Marc-Vivien Foe in 2004?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4