Support play improving

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
The Seaeagles support play has improved recently with option runners at the line breaking the rut of 1 out footy & setting up big scorelines.
Noticed the fowards were looking to promote 2nd phase & there were some super offloads including Hasson to DCE who was an ankle tap from scoring.
Most importantly, the players are pushing up in support, promoting options & taking heat of the individual running the ball.
An example was Foz who put Buhrer over with a short flat ball at the line & his option C runner in Matai was open it he threw the cutout pass also.
Support play also shows enthusiasm & effort that contributes to being competitive & getting those "lucky" bounces.

Our performance was excellent for around 50 minutes, but we seem to ease off just before and after half time. The Titans were dangerous when they had the ball, which wasn't often, thanks in part to a penalty count in our favour (horray). We also got a few lucky bounces. There were at least two Titan kicks that could have been regathered, leading to tries.
Titans are a fast team, and I'm grateful we met them without their two SOO reps.
It's encouraging that we only need to 'switch on' occasionally to have won the past three matches (Parra, Cowboys and Titans) but we'll need to be better in defence when we play Souths and Melbourne in upcoming rounds.

MK Eagle said:
The Seaeagles support play has improved recently with option runners at the line breaking the rut of 1 out footy & setting up big scorelines.
Noticed the fowards were looking to promote 2nd phase & there were some super offloads including Hasson to DCE who was an ankle tap from scoring.
Most importantly, the players are pushing up in support, promoting options & taking heat of the individual running the ball.
An example was Foz who put Buhrer over with a short flat ball at the line & his option C runner in Matai was open it he threw the cutout pass also.
Support play also shows enthusiasm & effort that contributes to being competitive & getting those "lucky" bounces.

Be careful mate. Technical Coach will accuse you of copying the thoughts of the commentators :p

bones said:
MK Eagle said:

Be careful mate. Technical Coach will accuse you of copying the thoughts of the commentators :p
Haha he just might Bones but I'm sticking solid mate.
I actually predict TC to feel there was no improvent in this area & put it down to poor opposition. ;)

Players have been pushing up more in support all year so it is nothing new but I will say a greater urgency to do so against weak opposition lately is nice to see.

Ah so you read my response in the other thread and "predicted" I would reply in the manner you chose, I call bs again.

Technical Coach said:
Players have been pushing up more in support all year so it is nothing new but I will say a greater urgency to do so against weak opposition lately is nice to see.

Ah so you read my response in the other thread and "predicted" I would reply in the manner you chose, I call bs again.
Yes I did, but if memory serves me correct, that post was relating to another game...
All in fun TC, learn to laugh.

MK Eagle said:
Technical Coach said:

Yes I did, but if memory serves me correct, that post was relating to another game...
All in fun TC, learn to laugh.

Actually i'm taking the piss out of you and trying to stop myself from laughing out of respect---in all seriousness it's all good could care less even if the way I word my replies in here may make others think i'm some keyboard douche ( I feel the same way when I read my replies so I guess that makes it fact)

On with the show.......

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7