Supporter groups names?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

EagleAngel1986

Reserve Grader
Random question..
                           But there's the 'Burrow', The 'Chook Pen', The 'Kennel', The 'Black hole' & a few more.. just wondering why we don't have a name for our most 'animated' supporters, that stand on the hill each & every week..? & if we did- what would we be called? Thoughts? I thought of the 'Birds nest'? Haha..

Re: Supporter groups names?!

There are two names

- The Screaming Eagles (lame)
- MWTS - Manly Warringah Travelling Supporters.

Personally I think that we should now, that this is the main site, just change the name to "The Silvertails" so start making your banners for 2011.

EagleAngel1986 link said:
Random question..
                            But there's the 'Burrow', The 'Chook Pen', The 'Kennel', The 'Black hole' & a few more.. just wondering why we don't have a name for our most 'animated' supporters, that stand on the hill each & every week..? & if we did- what would we be called? Thoughts? I thought of the 'Birds nest'? Haha..

Tbh I've been thinking the exact same thing

Post  automatically merged: [time]1289948360[/time]

Dan link said:
There are two names

- The Screaming Eagles (lame)
- MWTS - Manly Warringah Travelling Supporters.

Personally I think that we should now, that this is the main site, just change the name to \"The Silvertails\" so start making your banners for 2011.

MWTS - refer's to the Away support

What about the Hill when we play at home?

Jatz Crackers link said:
The Silvertails is the most appropriate and gets my vote.

NO NO NO NO NO
We shall call ourselves the Feather Boas that way
we have an excuse to wear them and can look cool
in the ilk normally reserved for Hulk Hogan

Silvertails is better and now this is the main forum site a supporters group that follows seems the logical next extension.

maybe I need to run a competition to get the name and idea out there

Post  automatically merged: [time]1289954117[/time]

Ant80 link said:
[quote author=Seaeagle63 link=topic=185960.msg306257#msg306257 date=1289953275]
The eagles nest

that get's my vote
[/quote]

it sounds like the sort of thing that a Souths supporter would come up with, with a sweat dripping furrowed brow, brainy for them, but lame for us.

Eagles nest...pffft ok little eaglets/fledglings if you want to be known as baby eagles fine by me.

Wouldn't "The Convocation" or "The Aerie" be more appropriate, as this is the name for a group of eagles?

Dan link said:
Silvertails is better and now this is the main forum site a supporters group that follows seems the logical next extension.

maybe I need to run a competition to get the name and idea out there

Post  automatically merged: [time]1289954117[/time]

[quote author=Ant80 link=topic=185960.msg306258#msg306258 date=1289953880]
[quote author=Seaeagle63 link=topic=185960.msg306257#msg306257 date=1289953275]
The eagles nest

that get's my vote
[/quote]

it sounds like the sort of thing that a Souths supporter would come up with, with a sweat dripping furrowed brow, brainy for them, but lame for us.

Eagles nest...pffft ok little eaglets/fledglings if you want to be known as baby eagles fine by me.

Wouldn't "The Convocation" or "The Aerie" be more appropriate, as this is the name for a group of eagles?
[/quote]

Could you actually imagine Ray Warren, Peter Sterling or any other commentator using those terms?

When say Brett Stewart scores a try, the Hill goes wild

I would love to hear Laurie Daly try to wrap is tongue around those terms.

Of all of them, "The Silvertails go wild" is for mine still the best

yeh the silvertails is a go for me. i can just imagine opposing supporters rocking up to brookie and there being a huge sign '' The Silvertails '', its the only thing that makes sense, everyone knows us as the silvertails and they hate us for that name ! why not show it !

Different Comp, but I've always wondered, in the A-League the Sydney Fans have their area called The Cove, do the Perth fans sit in the Glory Hole ??? !!

It's bothered me for quite some time to be honest Ant!! lol.
Eagle's nest- Is what I was meant to write, thanks Seaeagle63.
I like the idea of The Silvertails.. Though it doesn't really fit in well with the other team's name's!
& I liked "The Convocation" or "The Aerie" ..But as someone said- is a name like that going to stick?
I also like the Snake Pitt.. But again, it doesnt really fit in with the meaning behind the other teams.. & wont make a hell of a lot of sense, when Brett flies our coop! :(
Once we've got a few more idea's i'll start a poll! So more idea's please people!! :D

Brookie4eva link said:
Different Comp, but I've always wondered, in the A-League the Sydney Fans have their area called The Cove, do the Perth fans sit in the Glory Hole ??? !!

I have tears running down my face of laughter

Actually probably something not as lame as my last thought
of name

The Silvertails fits well and makes the most sense. Given most of the names are tied back to a website also. Such as "The Kennel" and "the Burrow" (rabbits live in a warren by the way, not a burrow).

Therefore Silvertails is the most accurate and best fitting. End of argument, case closed, thanks for coming, I'll be here all week

yeah silvertail troops.. or the eagles cage.. lol

itd have to be the Silvertails nest or branch,it cant simply be the silvertails,we need a place to rest our weary selves after destroying the opposition surely

The Squarking Squadron or The Eagle Arseholes coz we will be ****ting all over the other teams.

But Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Fans is perfectly fine with me though

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7