Surprise packets from nines

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Brookvale2015

Reserve Grader
Well in the nines we expected our team throw in 3 or 4 good players to have the team play around but a couple of players stood up and showed some real quality...

John
He got a lot of try assists and got some great kicks in and made some good tackles, IMO he was one of our best he came in and did his job so well that u didn't notice him he was very good and showed great control and ability to set up a team

Williame
He was the real surprise coming up with great tries and try savers, also showed that he is actually a good player and will be a valuable back up to the wing and centres, also everyone knows about his speed but he had shown real good strength in his defence and his 1st try

Honourable mentions
-Lawrence
-Mateo
-Green

I can see why mastercoach athur let Goodall and Lavaka go.

Rubbish
Agreed, they both had pretty average performances.
But manly only played 72 minutes total, less than one NRL game. And I'm pretty sure they only played half that time?
And it is pretty much a completely different game with a new roster.

I think they deserve The benifit of the doubt...?

Last edited:
Willame....He'd been my whipping boy for a while ....not sure how he made the cut at the end of last year, but showed some promise he also did this a cpl years ago and then went to Penrith Park and got an arse-kicking in centre defense.
Has he been able to fix his defensive reads up? Time and opportunities will tell....But Barrett and co must've seen something in him not to include him in the clean-out carnage.....or he just gives really good gobbies?:tmi:

Last edited:
Williame and Parcell were the biggest "surprise packets" imo.

Williame looked like a star first grader - a far cry from the out of place reserve grader that took the field last year.

Those who have seen Parcell play more than I have may not consider him to be a surprise packet. I know he is rated highly by a lot of people on here and elsewhere, but I hadn't seen it for myself just how good he is.

I look forward to seeing if they can both translate that form into a real game.

How did Parcell do in the 9s. I missed the event
Versatile and faster than ZtH at a buffet - will be fun to watch along Chez :clap:

Green was also a revelation. His deft kick got Parcell to win our first game on the bell. Should shave his beard so he and Dragon can bamboozle the opposition with their Ranga Rage :giggle:

• 😆
Reactions: Rex
Parcell was also my surprise. I'm not sure if there is another Hooker in the comp that gets involved as much in support play. Will be interesting to see if he can do that in NRL.

What we didn't get to see from Parcell, is how he's going to go defending in the middle of the ruck for long minutes. He is definitely fast and very involved, but there isn't a great deal of him yet...

What we didn't get to see from Parcell, is how he's going to go defending in the middle of the ruck for long minutes. He is definitely fast and very involved, but there isn't a great deal of him yet...
Exactly. They'll run every monster mauri at him. The reduced interchange will help, I'm sure Myles massive forehead will back him up as well.

It didn't seem to worry Toovey... :)

Well in the nines we expected our team throw in 3 or 4 good players to have the team play around but a couple of players stood up and showed some real quality...

John
He got a lot of try assists and got some great kicks in and made some good tackles, IMO he was one of our best he came in and did his job so well that u didn't notice him he was very good and showed great control and ability to set up a team

Williame
He was the real surprise coming up with great tries and try savers, also showed that he is actually a good player and will be a valuable back up to the wing and centres, also everyone knows about his speed but he had shown real good strength in his defence and his 1st try

Honourable mentions
-Lawrence
-Mateo
-Green
No mention of Parcell ? ,Are u still insistent on him playing 2nd fiddle to Api , with 5 -10 mins a game.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6