Surprise rumour for new Manly coach

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

weev

Bencher
http://www.sportingnews.com/league/...manly-coach/zedxtgxnn2lg1xu7mb6me6tdq/slide/1

It's just one of the strange rumours/suggestions being floated as the Sea Eagles endure the season from hell.

The 'Oh, so you hate Manly? Well, go f*ck yourself' Facebook page posed the question: 'Is this man the answer' above a photo of Beaver and attracted dozens of comments.

Menzies, of course, is not the answer and has no interest in coaching but it just goes to show how desperate Manly fans – unaccustomed to failure – have become.

Trent Barrett was always going to be under the pump as one of the few outsiders to coach Manly.

He has been hit hard by injury but a six-game losing streak is still not acceptable at a proud club like Manly.

The Sea Eagles' record for consecutive losses is eight and next up they face North Queensland in Townsville.

Good luck with that one.

==

I like this rumour.

Beaver would be a good junior coach because I think he'd be great with the kids no matter what age group. But I don't think he's got that tough, mean streak needed to be a successful first grade coach.

I wouldn't mind seeing him as our defensive coach actually. Beaver got a lot of accolades for his attacking game, but he was one of the best defensive players of any era whether it was putting his shoulder under a players ribs and driving them back or using his speed to run down a try bound player.

Beaver would be a good junior coach because I think he'd be great with the kids no matter what age group. But I don't think he's got that tough, mean streak needed to be a successful first grade coach.

I wouldn't mind seeing him as our defensive coach actually. Beaver got a lot of accolades for his attacking game, but he was one of the best defensive players of any era whether it was putting his shoulder under a players ribs and driving them back or using his speed to run down a try bound player.
Just can't imagine Jerry Mathers (the Beaver) ripping into the team during/after a sub-par performance. Too much of a nice guy.

http://www.sportingnews.com/league/...manly-coach/zedxtgxnn2lg1xu7mb6me6tdq/slide/1

It's just one of the strange rumours/suggestions being floated as the Sea Eagles endure the season from hell.

The 'Oh, so you hate Manly? Well, go f*ck yourself' Facebook page posed the question: 'Is this man the answer' above a photo of Beaver and attracted dozens of comments.

Menzies, of course, is not the answer and has no interest in coaching but it just goes to show how desperate Manly fans – unaccustomed to failure – have become.

Trent Barrett was always going to be under the pump as one of the few outsiders to coach Manly.

He has been hit hard by injury but a six-game losing streak is still not acceptable at a proud club like Manly.

The Sea Eagles' record for consecutive losses is eight and next up they face North Queensland in Townsville.

Good luck with that one.

==

I like this rumour.
Exactly, a man who gave up the captaincy because he didnt like leading in that way and how it effected his football

I must admit, I'm not sold on Barrett as a coach, but willing him to give him time given he's 6 months in to his first head coaching job with a team that has undergone massive on field and off filed changes.

However, if and when the powers that be decide he's time is up, I have a left field suggestion for the job....Phil Blake.

Firstly, Manly only seem to have success under former Manly players, so he ticks that box. He's built a solid coaching CV, albeit in Rugby Union, but it's not like he'd be a Rugby coach coming in without a League background.

I'd like to see him brought in now in some sort of assistant capacity to get him back into a league environment and see if there's any potential there as a head coach. He's currently defence coach for the Leicester Tigers in the English Rugby Premiership.

I must admit, I'm not sold on Barrett as a coach, but willing him to give him time given he's 6 months in to his first head coaching job with a team that has undergone massive on field and off filed changes.

However, if and when the powers that be decide he's time is up, I have a left field suggestion for the job....Phil Blake.

Firstly, Manly only seem to have success under former Manly players, so he ticks that box. He's built a solid coaching CV, albeit in Rugby Union, but it's not like he'd be a Rugby coach coming in without a League background.

I'd like to see him brought in now in some sort of assistant capacity to get him back into a league environment and see if there's any potential there as a head coach. He's currently defence coach for the Leicester Tigers in the English Rugby Premiership.
Amazing that he's defensive coach but he's got plenty of experience at it. I'd prefer him to Barrett as well and he might be able to lure Tooves clone in Matt Lucas for a shot at league, who I think would go well.

Amazing that he's defensive coach but he's got plenty of experience at it. I'd prefer him to Barrett as well and he might be able to lure Tooves clone in Matt Lucas for a shot at league, who I think would go well.
Is he the bloke from little Britain?

Is he the bloke from little Britain?
Yeah. Bought him out for a stint with the Marlins. Wouldn't recognise him. Looked and played like Tooves.
Apparently wasn't the only gay in the village though......
Jeezus I was serious with that first post now look what happens lol

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4