suspensions are a disgrace to the club.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
Our discipline  in recent games is a disgrace to the club.Frustrated as they may be,cheap shots like stewart and matai show a lack of respect for team mates and the club.for the last month it has been a litany of citings,poor discipline and a lack of professionalism.this is not the way a des hasler side plays or has ever played and im sure he is mad as a hornet about it.

the whole thing seems like a death spiral.i am not so much talking about results as our injury toll has killed us but why the cheapshots etc.it is not like our club and i just can't fathom why it is happening.to be honest the citings,moanings about refs decisions(although often warranted) and second half fade outs are becoming embarrassing.

can anyone tell me the last time a club had 3 representative players miss a semi due to suspension for separate incidents.and bailey was lucky it was not four.it  is unheard of.i cannot remember it in decades at any club

matai has been close to our best but he should be ashamed for his discipline this year.10 weeks in total and he should have been sent off when he abused the ref and turned his back on him at brookie,just as that rat thurston should have been.

time to lift our act in this department.it is ridiculous.

We have been on the downward spiral ever since we won the g/f and WCC in 2008.  

Certain players don't put in like they did in 2008 and the attitude is that they have won a g/f and were best in the world they don't have the same hunger now that they did in 2008.

The players are now aging and becomming more injury prone and it is now time for a clean out of players with a few exceptions like lyon.

Player retention and our new buys have been poor since 2008.

Even if snakes knee holds up next year he won't be the same player as in 2008 as it will take at least 12 months for him to regain his confidence but I he wont have the same speed. 

I see a similar and probably worse year for us in 2011 before we can rebuild. 

susan i enjoy your posts but i think you are a bit over the top here.

If you think for one minute Glenn Stewart is a cheap shot merchant your a poor judge.

The problem with matai is he is very agressive and has alot of success pulling off big hits the problem with those hits are if his timing is out we get the result we got yesterday.

The game is no longer like the 80s when only the thugs got suspended nowdays blokes get suspended for making mistakes with timing or errors in judgement.

Am I drawing a long bow or is not longer having the influence of Beaver - who played the game tough but fair - a factor?

Barry Hyland link said:
Am I drawing a long bow or is not longer having the influence of Beaver - who played the game tough but fair - a factor?
Barry i might being drawing a long bow here but i think your posts show a distinct lack of regular beaver ;)

blitzkrieg link said:
[quote author=Cambo link=topic=185122.msg291249#msg291249 date=1283752247]

If you think for one minute Glenn Stewart is a cheap shot merchant your a poor judge.

Maybe not a merchant, but it was cheap shot
[/quote]

It wasnt a cheap shot,self preservation kicked in,instinct

Susan`s post was pretty well spot on.Instead of the cheap shot by matai,he should have been playing for a win,as there was still a chance as demonstrated by the late try attempt.

Cambo link said:
[quote author=Barry Hyland link=topic=185122.msg291256#msg291256 date=1283752601]
Barry i might being drawing a long bow here but i think your posts show a distinct lack of regular beaver ;)
[/quote]
My wife is in the best position to judge if I have a long bow, but thanks for the compliment.

Sadly I have a short bow....but getting back to the topic....I think these suspension are all coming from frustrated players, frustrated we are not doing better, and frustrated at the many refs decisions that are causing us grief. I love Stevie (in a footy sense) BUT he's just going to have to make an adjustment otherwise this is going to end very messy....next time 16 weeks, the time after that 12 months.

no way is glen a cheap shot merchant.i am merely saying as a club we have lost focus entirely and the fact that it is a good bloke like glen getting involved makes it all the harder to understand.

matai is such a good player and i know he cant give all his agro away but he is simply to valuable to be sitting in the grandsatnd.

susan link said:
Our discipline  in recent games is a disgrace to the club.Frustrated as they may be,cheap shots like stewart and matai show a lack of respect for team mates and the club.for the last month it has been a litany of citings,poor discipline and a lack of professionalism.this is not the way a des hasler side plays or has ever played and im sure he is mad as a hornet about it.

the whole thing seems like a death spiral.i am not so much talking about results as our injury toll has killed us but why the cheapshots etc.it is not like our club and i just can't fathom why it is happening.to be honest the citings,moanings about refs decisions(although often warranted) and second half fade outs are becoming embarrassing.

can anyone tell me the last time a club had 3 representative players miss a semi due to suspension for separate incidents.and bailey was lucky it was not four.it  is unheard of.i cannot remember it in decades at any club

matai has been close to our best but he should be ashamed for his discipline this year.10 weeks in total and he should have been sent off when he abused the ref and turned his back on him at brookie,just as that rat thurston should have been.

time to lift our act in this department.it is ridiculous.

They should have inserted a clause in Matai's contract stating that if he gets suspended he doesn't get paid

I guess his poor record makes Matai less of a target to be poached by other clubs, and less 'expensive' to retain. Or has he definitely re-signed, as reported a few weeks back?

Barry Hyland link said:

Just like in the animal kingdom, take out the dominant male and you are going to have internal squabbles and disciplinary issues until he is replaced. Seems to be a real leadership vaccum on and off the field at the moment. You raised a great point - it is not rocket science.

Susan is right. We have lost focus. Actually had little focus before BK came along. He dragged them all into really really wanting to win for the club, for themselves, for each other. Once he left there was still enough of it there in the likes of Beaver and Watmough to get us over in 2008. All gone now.

Look, all that have been on here a while would know how big a fan I am of both of the 2 blokes mentioned

However, both were dumb shots, and not something that this club is about, and that is what disappoints me the most

Matai yesterday, I can see exactly where the hit come from, and the intentions behind his play were right, but it was dumb. If you watch him the 5mins leading up to that tackle, you can see him trying to lift the side with some big runs and trying to put on a big shot or 2. But his brain didn't recognize the time to pull back and it was a poor decision from him

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Look, all that have been on here a while would know how big a fan I am of both of the 2 blokes mentioned

However, both were dumb shots, and not something that this club is about, and that is what disappoints me the most

Matai yesterday, I can see exactly where the hit come from, and the intentions behind his play were right, but it was dumb. If you watch him the 5mins leading up to that tackle, you can see him trying to lift the side with some big runs and trying to put on a big shot or 2. But his brain didn't recognize the time to pull back and it was a poor decision from him
im gonna be serious here so dont be a dickhead and comeback with a smartarse comment. Ke you are one of the few voices of reason this site theres a few others but i have to say i enjoy your posts and find them well thought out and well expressed.

I agree 100% with wat u have said bout matai and gift

Steve Matai is my hero. I just wish he took Ennis head right off. If the whole Manly team played with the heart and passion steve matai does manly would be hosting the 1v8 finals match on sunday.

Bones link said:
Steve Matai is my hero. I just wish he took Ennis head right off. If the whole Manly team played with the heart and passion steve matai does manly would be hosting the 1-8 finals match on sunday.
I agree with the passion bit. You can't question his passion for the game.

:)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6