SYDNEY’S UNHOLY ALLIANZ

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Souths membership team are VERY active, they have a Queensland member base ( and special package with QLD games , meet the players , training sessions etc etc) , they have a Melbourne one ( same stuff) and promote their supporter type package Australia wide.

Manly has a" regional" package that keeps going up in price and you get less.

It's too late for 2015 but I'd hope Kelly brings a bit of what the Bunnies are doing to the table for 2016.

possibly off topic but don't souths have like a $5 membership which they include in their amazing membership numbers?

possibly off topic but don't souths have like a $5 membership which they include in their amazing membership numbers?

Yes I think they do things like that , it's probably why there's so many of those Bunnies stickers we see on car windows everywhere!

Back to the big stadiums convo, Charity Shield replay is in now and jeez the big stadium looks the goods with one person per fifty seats. Great atmosphere...

Funny thing with idiots like Buzz Rothfield, he thinks the NRL should be like the NFL which is ridiculous on so many levels. What we should try and replicate is something like the MLS where they prefer smaller, purpose built stadiums capped around 20,000 so you can pack them and create a great atmosphere.

Back to the big stadiums convo, Charity Shield replay is in now and jeez the big stadium looks the goods with one person per fifty seats. Great atmosphere...

Funny thing with idiots like Buzz Rothfield, he thinks the NRL should be like the NFL which is ridiculous on so many levels. What we should try and replicate is something like the MLS where they prefer smaller, purpose built stadiums capped around 20,000 so you can pack them and create a great atmosphere.
I agree, especially when all games are on tele anyway.

It would make sense for us to upgrade Rat Park. Was there yesterday and with a move there, there would be no parking troubles, plenty of room, and can also target the St Ives area as future Sea Eagles fans & members.

I think if Dave Smith has his way, the transport had better get better between the beaches and Moore Park.

More games at Allianz? How would a surface already barely coping with the current NRL, Super Rugby, Internationals and A-League hitout year 'round, expect five more clubs and their U20s lead-ups?

Why cant the NRL also use the SCG? If the surface of the SFS is going to be an issue, the AFL do not own the SCG and there is tradition for rugby league at that place.

After going to the Soufs game at the SCG last year (less said about the result the better) and, as much it was great from a nostalgia point of view, it is a pretty ordinary ground to watch

I was in the members and spent most of the game watching on TV

I agree that Homebush is not that ideal to watch a game.

The reality is that we need a 16K crowd at Brooky to break even and that is hard when we have a wet day at Brooky and the crowd struggles to get to 10K.

At Homebush and SFS there are better transport and facilities for fans at the moment.

Look for example this Easter coming, Dogs v Rabbits and Tigers v Eels will attract over 50K crowds, Easter Saturday and Sunday are available there and we are considering taking a home game against Canberra to the bush. While I applaud the club wanting to promote the game in the bush, playing at Homebush is a no brainer for the Easter weekend as it gives the club a great chance to get not only some cash to help things out but spread the gospel of our brand. Families will love the idea of the Easter show and a game as well.

I dont disagree with what you say Shoe1, I just want the club to consider other options

Where are these figures from?

16K @ $25 a ticket is 400K = yearly rent covered

Costs beyond may well be applicable at other grounds

I know that Homebush hares, dogs and eels get money via the government to play at Homebush. We dont get paid but charged to play at Brooky. Warringah council do us no favours at all.

I would hate us to leave Brooky but unless we get a 25K capacity its going to be a short term option.

I know that Homebush hares, dogs and eels get money via the government to play at Homebush. We dont get paid but charged to play at Brooky. Warringah council do us no favours at all.

I would hate us to leave Brooky but unless we get a 25K capacity its going to be a short term option.

I know Council's need to make money but surely talk by the NRL to get more teams playing at Allianz and ANZ should send alarm bells to Warringah Council. No major tenant = no dosh and the ratepayers would be restless if it was bulldozed regardless of what goes in it's place.
Surely the benefits of a successful NRL club playing in your area is great enough to warrant wanting to keep them there.

But then again I'm not a Councillor or ratepayer.

Yes, it's a bit landlocked but aren't we are the only NRL club that is playing out of a Council controlled ground ( not sure about Leichhardt?)

Absolute joke. NRL complain about crowd figures, but don't allow the clubs to chose when and where they play.
Why not allow the clubs an opportunity to choose their time slots on a rotating basis. The quicker we get the game away from the TV stations the more secure the clubs will be.

Absolute joke. NRL complain about crowd figures, but don't allow the clubs to chose when and where they play.
Why not allow the clubs an opportunity to choose their time slots on a rotating basis. The quicker we get the game away from the TV stations the more secure the clubs will be.

Can't have it both ways Tokyo, the big money is on the table for them choosing, yes I know the AFL do but their leadership team has more balls than ours.

Can't have it both ways Tokyo, the big money is on the table for them choosing, yes I know the AFL do but their leadership team has more balls than ours.

The NRL were to open in their negotiations with the TV stations last time around, the TV companies walked in from a position of power. Next time they need to play hard ball and wrestle the control back. If that means for less money, so be it. It will allow the clubs to control their own destinies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4