Sydney media

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

rhino

Allright lads how ya all doing(dumb question)just about subored up now from Sunday.Just curious to know the response Manly have got from the media down their,i know you dont rate our comp just curious to know iff they see it as another trial game.
  Still awestruck from what i witnessed from Manly on Sunday.Last year when we played Melbourne the weather dictated the game and it turned into a war of attrition with defence's on top.But Manly on Sunday were from a differant planet.Matt Oford after the game was generous with his coments that the game was up there with the NRL,no diss towards our boys but i thought it was a case of damage limitation.
   See ya ;D ;D

G'day Rhino,
I dont know if Leeds suffer the same treatment as Manly do in the media.
Anything positive about Manly gets a small feature, never the main headline.
Anything negative and its featured everywhere.
For instance today one of The Sydney papers NRL section on the website has the WCC report archived half way down the page. The headlining story for the NRL is about Max Delmege a co owner of Manly, being taken to court by the Australian Taxation Office for Tax evasion.
However the Monday morning Manly became World Club Champions, the story didn't make the top 3 featured stories.
Thats what it's like to be a Manly supporter, we are hated, but we are used to it. We thrive on it.

The most positive comments in the media to come from the game actually came from Mike Stephenson. I haven't seen anything positive written from any of the Australian Journo's. But hey that's not really a supprise.
To the Manly fans and team, winning the WCC means alot. It wasn't seen as a trial, we fielded our best side possible and we wanted to win it.

Spot on King. We are hated and it shows in the media. nuff said really

be nice robbiea, it isn't his fault their "enforcer" couldn't land a clean blow when the guy was standing still with his back turned. Bailey is the worse though. I think it was a ploy to get a mental edge on Manly being catty and what not. They obviously did't know that Des hasler played against alfie langer.

Hi Rhino.  Your boys done good, dug deep, played strong.  Concede 12 points less and scored 20 more in the big one than Manly's nearest competition in the NRL.

And they didn't whinge, cry and throw in the towel, unlike Manly's previous NRL opponents.

Rex link said:
Hi Rhino.  Your boys done good, dug deep, played strong.  Concede 12 points less and scored 20 more in the big one than Manly's nearest competition in the NRL.

And they didn't whinge, cry and throw in the towel, unlike Manly's previous NRL opponents.

well said

LEEDS ar'nt disliked by the media here in the UK simple reason its only a minority sport as football unfortunatley dominates.Example Sundays game in the national papers there were only a small paragraph and you had to really look for it.
  LEEDS are disliked by other supporters of other clubs so i supposed there is a simalarity with Manly.
  Hey Robbiea,i thought Jamie Peacock did well against your boy he made more connections iff it went to the judges he would have been awarded the fight.

rhino link said:
LEEDS ar'nt disliked by the media here in the UK simple reason its only a minority sport as football unfortunatley dominates.Example Sundays game in the national papers there were only a small paragraph and you had to really look for it.
  LEEDS are disliked by other supporters of other clubs so i supposed there is a simalarity with Manly.
  Hey Robbiea,i thought Jamie Peacock did well against your boy he made more connections iff it went to the judges he would have been awarded the fight.
Are u joking ?,he lost the fight hands down ,didnt run up the middle hard & didnt make any massive tackles.But if he ever wants to try his hand at australian rugby league ,let me know !!- i may be able to get him a run on with Wyong......

he outplayed kylie but that wasnt hard

2 hitups followed by a half hour break then 2 more hitups and game over.

His defence has gone backwards since leaving as well

a slap doens't count as a hit.

Only one person was bleeding after the little altercation too.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2