Sydney Morning Herald top 50

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Herald has polled 16 experts and come up with the most valuable players in the NRL.

The usual suspects Cam Smith, Thurston & Slater make up the top 3 with Foran, Gift, Choc and DCE being the only Manly players to make it.

Strange how Killer the current Daly M centre of the year missed out among such notables as Soward, Cooper, Brett Morris & Jason Nightingale.

Trex would be on most peoples list as well considering Tariq Simms, Greg Bird & Nate Myles made the cut.

I see Toovey is rated 10th best coach in the NRL. Not bad, considering he hasn't even coached a single NRL match yet.

Jamie should be right at the top of the list......Cooper rated in the top 50 and Jamie left out? What competition were these "experts" watching last year?

Considering we are negotiating new contracts with a lot of our team at the moment, the more left out the better imho!

I notice you didn't mention B Stewart. Yeah, he's not valuable at all. Any other clubs thinking of making an offer to him should run a mile...

Funny how Lyon, the best player in the world, doesnt make the top 50.

At least Jamie would be happy with that result.

Look Jamie didn't do a great deal last year. When you look at it, all he did was lead his team of rank outsiders to a famous premiership victory, scoring the winning try in the process...not much value in that contribution, lol.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
I see Toovey is rated 10th best coach in the NRL. Not bad, considering he hasn't even coached a single NRL match yet.

Toovey should be rated TOP coach in the NRL as he is undefeated.

Hand up if you want to swap Killer for Morris, Soward, Nightingale or Cooper.
No takers?? What about all four of them for Killer.
Still no takers - thought so.
The biggest joke since Beaver was left off the list of the best 100 players.

I think the Seaeagles dominance in recent years should have had more included but you know what - I'm used to these experts dud calls & it makes things even sweeter when we take the 2012 title.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6