• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Michael Clarke has won his first toss as Test captain and Australia will bat first.

Australia 1 Shane Watson, 2 Phillip Hughes, 3 Usman Khawaja, 4 Michael Clarke (capt), 5 Michael Hussey, 6 Steven Smith, 7 Brad Haddin (wk), 8 Mitchell Johnson, 9 Peter Siddle, 10 Michael Beer, 11 Ben Hilfenhaus.
England 1 Andrew Strauss (capt), 2 Alastair Cook, 3 Jonathan Trott, 4 Kevin Pietersen, 5 Ian Bell, 6 Paul Collingwood, 7 Matt Prior (wk), 8 Tim Bresnan, 9 Graeme Swann, 10 Chris Tremlett, 11 James Anderson.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/the-ashes-2010-11/engine/current/match/428753.html

Going better than ponting already

Post  automatically merged: [time]1294021276[/time]

Good first session shame about the last ball for hughes probably thinking about lunch but seeing off 30 overs is what we want.

Uzi starts with a 2 then 4 off his first 2 balls

I was referring to all the people who work there lazily but you know that with your vast brainpower right? Or do you think the planes arent flying today in sydney

Drugs are bad mmmkay

Aussie batters were a lot better yesterday, much more patient. Pitch had a bit in it for the bowlers and england bowled pretty good lines.

A shame none of the three could go on and make a century.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1294113529[/time]

wheres Joe the camerman when you need him

280 is below par. Could have been worse without Johnson and Hiflenhaus's effort

if only we could have a top order batsman score a century. Cook has 180 of 360 at this stage and England are cruising

200 behind....we are gone. A 3-1 defeat is pretty bloody ordinary

Hussey and Haddin are the only ones who have even come close to matching their opposite numbers. 

Pretty hard to win when your captain and vice captain average under 20 with the bat, and your opening bowler is averaging 70 with the ball. 

Wonder how the NSW bashers feel with 2 tassie selectors keeping that opening bowler in the team over a NSW bowler

Aust 2nd innings started 364 behind,
so thoughts on when this test will end ?
My guess is between lunch & tea tomorrow

If we make it till the last session tomorrow I'll be very surprised. We'll be close to making them bat again by that stage. I think we'll be lucky to scratch out 250 runs I reckon. My only hope is that Khawaja gets a ton on debut, that's about the only positive we can hope for out of this test.

Watson is goin well (28 no after 8overs) but he needs to convert a innings into a ton, I reckon  Hughes will be playing for his test life though

Watson was going great until he proved yet again to be the worlds dumbest cricketer and ran himself out.

2 run outs for the first wicket out of 3 innings, who would of hurt

We are now well on our way to being the first australian cricket team to lose 3 tests in a series by an innings. 

Add that to Ponting's 3 ashes series loss and there has to be massive changes starting from the board level down. 

Leave Ponting alone,we have noone to replace him with as a leader
Clarke cant bat/bowl or set a good field
Watson is an idiot
Haddin is to old to be considered seriously
Hussey may be an option,but again age limits the point of replacing

Shane link said:
Leave Ponting alone,we have noone to replace him with as a leader
Clarke cant bat/bowl or set a good field
Watson is an idiot
Haddin is to old to be considered seriously
Hussey may be an option,but again age limits the point of replacing

Again you make me laugh Shane.  Haddin is years younger than Hussey, but age limits him more? 

I think the chop and change mode the selectors have used over the last few years, leaving us picking debutants in the middle of an ashes series means they should get the arse.  Andrew Hilditch first on the chopping block.  The lack of plans and team spirit means the coach should be in trouble too. 

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7