T-Rex APPRECIATION Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

R3

Bird gang affiliate
Inspired by Wolfpac's top post, I thought it was long over due to start a thread to show all of us supporters who DO love the big Tony 'T-rex' Williams.

*Positive posts only*

It will be a nice change from the negative know nothing keyboard heroes who bag such a good player..

If it ain't positive, spare the post, 'we've read it' !!..

I've inspired a positivity thread, my quest to become a muse to the good people of ST is complete. I can die happy.

As for T-Rex, he's doing alright. I'm happy with him if he keeps continuing on has he has the past two seasons.

Haha well done Wolfpack, it was what I needed to see at the time coz T-Rex has always been one of my favorite players and I was just sick of all the unwarranted bagging. He's exciting to watch in a good way and I feel he is finding his time in the forwards extremely beneficial after being well groomed into first grade by Dessie.…

It's about time we had one of these.

T-Rex I think is someone we must keep. He was brought in as a utility when we signed him. He has the size of a Forward and the speed of a winger. People forget that he was playing Centre and Winger his whole time at Parra so that is all he knew. He did ok out there but his defense was pretty bad and he turns like a forward.

Due to injuries for Stewy and Wolfy and had to move to the wing for the first 2 years. Finally we are playing him mainly in the forwards but he cn be used as a Utility...this is what we hired him for.

Now, he's learning how to run forwards, he's making awesome plays, awesome tackles, he isn't getting lost and he's not expected to turn around quickly. He has one thing to learn though and then he is complete:

start to run 10 metres back from everyone else. The right timing from Foran/DCE/Stewy and the ball hits him right in the chest. Just like the Juggernaught he'll bowl right over the opposition and, with that speed he's gone.

With another year coming off the bench and he'll be a Dave Taylor.

Good on you Tony, keep up the good work.

TRex is awesome. I hope he stays at Manly for a long time. He has been going great.

T-Rex offers unique power. He's young, steadily improving, and finally this year able to play in the position he was bought for rather than covering injury holes. And bigger players can take longer to fully develop.

An asset with potential plus. Run at him, or tackle him, at your own risk.

Rex said:
T-Rex offers unique power. He's young, steadily improving, and finally this year able to play in the position he was bought for rather than covering injury holes. And bigger players can take longer to fully develop.

An asset with potential plus. Run at him, or tackle him, at your own risk.

Is that true?

I agree he has all that potential and am starting to see glimpses of what you guys appear to have seen all along. I'll happily admit I was wrong if the improvement continues.

I think that he has played a lot better since his stint with the Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles a couple of years ago. Prior to that he was crap. He appeared to be a slow, uninterested plodder who had a turning circle like the Queen Mary. I used to call him Eeyore because he had the same attitude as him. He still has had his lapses but he has improved a hell of a lot since then and there could be a hell of a lot more improvement to come if he would run hard and forward a lot more.

I love it when he shoves a player away and they go flying. When he starts to get his timing right and runs onto some balls at speed he will become very dangerous especially when he starts running good lines.

Can we stop giving this dickhead wolfpack raps he's a filthy princess ;)

As for Rex I'm a fan of the big man

Jono said:
With another year coming off the bench and he'll be a Dave Taylor.

Not fair mate, this is the positivity thread not the 'T-Rex is degenerating into a wussy neanderthal' thread.

I'm still not comfortable with him playing in the centers but at least he can if we get that desperate. TBH I could deal with T-Rex filling in at any of the non-skill positions (+ lock). He's like the anti-Bailey.

He looks like he's enjoying his footy more this year too, seems like he's more confident to back himself and take the ball up rather than offload as soon as he can.

Im glad Des has seen the potential this kid has. He has been progressing nicely and will continue to progress. I hope we can keep him for a long time.

Brookvale said:
top thread.

will terrorise defences come septmeber

Yes lets hope - like the Queen Mary he's had a slow start from 2009 and we all know Tony has massive potential. Here's to Des and the boys getting the best out of Tony.

If he is really firing as a forward as season goes on then considering the amount of dosh that Manly have invested in T Rex over last coupla seasons it'd be crazy to flick him as long as salary cap and re-signing issues are fine....but Tony has to earn his place with form on the paddock like any player

Go T-Rex!!

I have been an avid supporter of t-rex since he joined, I look forward to seeing him get more game time.

Also i hope Lussick gets a run tonight.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7