T-Rex back in frame for Blues

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So he won't turn out for us again until after Origin if he makes it thru that, really value for money this year *sarcasm

yeah great

10 weeks on the sideline

5 minutes for NSW

6 weeks injured on the sideline

Another 5 minutes for NSW and probably get injured again

Then probably out for the season

Then becomes T-Dog

Great stuff!!

Or: comes through soo 3 unscathed and a winner.

Has a blistering end to the 2012 season, and leaves as a 2 times premiership winner for MANLY!

Then: does a knee in preseason.

Interesting he's ok to get his $20k for his 10 min appearance in soo but not club footy.

Seems like this mercenary is going to the right club.

It's not like he was a Manly junior. He did the same thing to Parramatta. Great player, but I'd rather players who want to play here. Players like Jamie Buhrer, Steve Matai and Matt Ballin.

bones said:
It's not like he was a Manly junior. He did the same thing to Parramatta. Great player, but I'd rather players who want to play here. Players like Jamie Buhrer, Steve Matai and Matt Ballin.

Well said Bones! Local juniors like Will Hoppa & Lussick who leave (not unwanted) hurts me more than guys like T-Dog (Cabramatta junior) departing. Let's also not forget that Manly wasn't offering T-Dog peanuts to stay.

Mark from Brisbane said:
yeah great

10 weeks on the sideline

5 minutes for NSW

6 weeks injured on the sideline

Another 5 minutes for NSW and probably get injured again

Then probably out for the season

Then becomes T-Dog

Great stuff!!

Too right.

Toovey is aware of the Blues' desire to have Williams in their ranks at Suncorp Stadium but said the player's recovery was paramount.
''I wouldn't put any player at risk just because of State of Origin,'' he said.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/manly-will-not-give-in-to-stuart-on-trex-20120620-20opd.html#ixzz1yMhFRrzN

T-Rex told to prove Origin readiness with Manly

TONY WILLIAMS has been told he must feature for Manly this weekend to be picked for the State of Origin decider but is caught in a wrangle over club and state priorities after the Sea Eagles insisted it was too risky to play him on Sunday.

NSW coach Ricky Stuart said last night that the injured Manly back-rower needs to play against Sydney Roosters at Allianz Stadium on Sunday to be considered for Origin III at Suncorp Stadium on July 4.

Read much more @ http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/trex-told-to-prove-origin-readiness-with-manly-20120620-20ol4.html#ixzz1yNCQzdfI

I'd rather we get 1 game out of him when we need him rather than he plays SOO and injures himself in that game

Players coming back after a concussion and the adage that 'Clubs demand their players return to the field asap'. The Clubs aren't taking the health of the player into consideration.

T-Rex injures his back and Stuart demands he plays vs the Chooks to be in the frame for selection.
Manly says No. Horror! This is Manly up to their tricks thinking Club comes first! Forget about the health and well-being of the player concerned.

I'd love to see Tony playing against the Chooks but not if it means another six weeks on the recovery bench.
SOO? No way.

He cost us plenty - we gotta have some value for his games.

Who has the final say on his fitness, Manly or Ricky Stuart?
Can the club refuse to release a player due to fitness concerns, or can this be overruled?

The Who said:
Who has the final say on his fitness, Manly or Ricky Stuart?
Can the club refuse to release a player due to fitness concerns, or can this be overruled?

A club can't rule a player out of origin. If they pick him it will be up to the NSW doctor to rule him out. If the club says he isn't right to play and doesn't front up he will be suspended from playing that weekend anyway. I suppose the interesting thing here is we have the bye that weekend which is a bit unprecedented in this type of scenario.

Surely Rex with a back injury, would need to be in some kind of condition just to be able to last a club game especially that big a bloke. When T-rex got suspended, Donny Singe smashed him on the training paddock. This back injury would probably have meant that he would not have been able to keep up with training and may need a month or so to get back to peak game condition. How would he would be ready for Origin less than 2 weeks away without a game under his belt since Round 3?!?!

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6