T-Rex / Buhrer conundrum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It was easy to see on Friday night that Tooves kept T-Rex on for too long, and didn't bring Buhrer on soon enough. Should we be looking to move T-Rex to the front row on occasions to give Buhrer more time on the field?

Leave T-Rex in the back row but play him like a front row forward and use Buhrer to replace him. I don't know, for someone with so much raw power, he doesn't use it well. Maybe we just don't know how to get the best out of him.

I think T Rex cops more than his share of blame was things go wrong ....the bloke is a few weeks back from serious injury and long term suspension.

But having said that I agree in the sense that he can be wasted in the opening 20 mins when all the big forwards are still fresh. I like to see him coming on after 20 mins then go from there, or at least used for impact not asked to play long minutes like a workhorse. Agree Buhrer is more a workhorse and needs longer minutes to be effective. Yet as its working out Williams is starting and playing long chunks of minutes and Buhrer is playing the "impact" role.

I don't think he is 100% recovered from the Nate Miles knee.

Start him from the bench. less minutes will make him more hungry.

The Indian said:
I think T Rex cops more than his share of blame was things go wrong ....the bloke is a few weeks back from serious injury and long term suspension.

But having said that I agree in the sense that he can be wasted in the opening 20 mins when all the big forwards are still fresh. I like to see him coming on after 20 mins then go from there, or at least used for impact not asked to play long minutes like a workhorse. Agree Buhrer is more a workhorse and needs longer minutes to be effective. Yet as its working out Williams is starting and playing long chunks of minutes and Buhrer is playing the "impact" role.

Nope. Sorry! Can't use coming back from injury and suspension as an excuse.

In his first game back against the roosters he was the best and most dominant player on the field. How do you explain the decline since?

It was a show reserved for Ricky Stuart. That's how you explain it. He's lost interest at this club.

Trex made good meters, twice as many in the first half than the second and made the most meters out of our forwards. But, only making around ten tackles in 80 minutes to me suggests more game time should be given to Joe Galovao or Buhrer.

Buhrer is left on the bench because he is a utility player and can fill in if someone gets injured. I agree with Brookvale I would bring She-Rex off the bench after the first 20min and let him smash some tired defenders

Get one of the other players to run behind Fifi throwing lit bungers at his feet to keep him moving

Daniel said:
Get one of the other players to run behind Fifi throwing lit bungers at his feet to keep him moving

Cattle prod? :-D

Its a tricky situation with Buhrer as he IS a skillfull lightweight backrower & Tooves is obviously concerned about his ability to handle the heavy early exchanges against physical opposition. I must confess expected more from Buhrer in 2012 but lack of time on field & not eating enough of Chocs angry pills has contributed to reasonable, not great form.
T Rex is an impact player & maybe Tooves is just getting him some much needed match fitness pre finals footy. The big bloke was back at the Sunshine Coast Seaeagles instead of Manly last Friday playing 5/8, ambling up to the line looking for the 2nd phase play out the back.
Rose atm needs something fast - match fitness - off the pace like a beaten favourite - is rated a vital member of the side when on song.

If I were Tooves I'd rotate the whole backrow. Give each of Gifty, Choc and Trex a 15 minute spell to freshen them up during the game. Also gives Ferris more game time, he's being wasted getting splinters ATM.

Buhrer has been used too often in the hooker role at dummy half and sprinting to the defensive line but without support. That is a waste the way he is being used. He has good footwork and is excellent at second man play. Because of his speed and lack of size the back end of a half is his ideal time zone against tiring forwards.

That brings us to the problem of T-Rex. A super impact player who should run over forwards. Rarely shows the footwork for evasive running but can explode when he wants to. Another back half player who can turn a game.

Out of Joe, George or Darcy one has to put in a roving role from the second row. For this year (obviously) I would go for Darcy to start second row. He can handle the tough stuff up the middle and allow the other two to wreak havoc later each half.

Over to you TC, I'm done.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4