T-rex or Bani?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

chrisos

Reserve Grader
Tough call but id prefer to see T-rex on the wing instead of Bani,he hits it up stronger than bani ,i was at the game today and think he went well,better than bani has all season,your thoughts?

T-Rex.  Bani's crap in the defensive line and hasn't made a bust all year.  He looks lost in attack as well.  T-Rex needs to stand back and run straight and hard.  His hands were Ok today.  Lucky that pass was forward or he would have looked very stoopid. 

T-rex came off his wing a few times and was lucky there was a forward pass that saved him. I agree he has to stand a bit deeper and run harder.

Not sure who to pick, t-rex has only had one game on the wing, was awful in the match where he played in the centres.

t rexdid save a possible try today with a good mark,also i saw him play on the wing for parra last year in first grade funnily enough against the sea eagles he scored a good try,all in all drop bani keep t rex.

Central Coast Eagle link said:
[quote author=PONTIAN SEA EAGLE link=topic=180410.msg223312#msg223312 date=1242552218]
Lets face it bani has more chance of scoring tries than t-rex.

I don't agree with that PSE, I would take T Rex in a heart beat. If all else fails, at least he can tackle!
[/quote]
i agree with cce and disagree with pse,how many tries has bani scored this year? correct me if im wrong but 1 maybe 2 give t rex more of a chance he has a big frame and speed and he has proved he can catch too,also a good utility player i would definitely like to see more of him in the top grade.

I thought we saw the last of Scott Donald on the wing for us. Enter one Michael Bani. Horrible.

T-Rex for mine.

Seriously Bani is not at as bad as everyone is carrying on about. Yes he has made his mistakes but it's only his second year in the Top Grade and he will get better. T-Rex is not a winger and atm he is probably not a 1st grader either. With a bit of time both will be match winners

I don't see Williams' long term future on the wing, but he was good there today. So far in his career at Manly, he's had two games. One terrible, one good. Today he showed Manly what he is capable of, and that is exciting.

Bani hasn't played his best footy this year, but I think he came back from injury early to benefit the team (in round one). He came back quite a few weeks earlier than expected from a shoulder injury (suffered in the finals last year), and I think he's been a bit gun shy because of it. Think back to 2007 against the Dragons when he busted the line off a kick (may have even been a kick-off?) for a Brett Stewart try. It was excellent, and he backed up a few weeks after that when he busted through the Cowboys defence in the semi final and set up Willow.

He has it in him. The fact that he hasn't shown it so far this year suggests to me that he hasn't been fit and doesn't have confidence in his body (probably similar to Williams earlier this year with his hammy's). Bani will be a good first grade winger (for us, or for someone else). I don't know where Williams will end up in our team, but if he delivers more games like today, then I'm more than happy to stick him on the wing for a few more weeks yet!

I can tell you that Bani has had a run of shoulder injuries that soured last year for him. He has strength, speed and agility and given a good run will do the job for Manly. Think back to the first five rounds last year and he was a sensation. He has been tentative but he will be back.

i like bani but he struggles to read in defence
im guessing here but i would say 50-60% of the trys scored against us this season have been down his side

I'm a fan of Bani and think he will come good as the confidence builds, but it’s easy to criticise an individual when the whole team isn't doing too well.

Cliffy, you hit the nail on the head as most tries have been scored Bani side of the field. Watching Bani he tends to come off his wing to try and help the defender inside of him creating the overlap. Hopefully the coaching staff will be in his ear about and instilling confidence to trust the inside player.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6