T-Rex will get it on

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it

HERE is the 118kg Manly wrecking-ball who has been identified as the man to produce a match-winning performance in tomorrow night's showdown with the Bulldogs at Brookvale Oval.

The Manly camp believes backrower Tony "T-Rex" Williams is ready to quite literally gatecrash former coach Des Hasler's homecoming party.
While he may be heading to Belmore for the next four seasons, Williams still has unfinished business in the maroon and white jumper.
And there is no harder man to contain in the NRL than the 192cm forward when he hits the defensive line.
"I just think with the amount of time he has been out this season through injury and suspension that he just wants to pick things up for himself and for the team," coach Geoff Toovey said.
He said Williams not only wants to do himself justice but also repay his teammates. "He's just finding some match fitness, I think he will be in for a big game," Toovey said.
Asked if "T-Rex" could win the game for the Sea Eagles, co-captain Jason King replied: "Absolutely."
"He's a devastating player, everyone has seen that, and he has done that at all levels," King said.
"He's definitely a strike weapon of ours and I am very confident he will play very well for us this week."
King said Williams had a tremendous impact on the Origin series and he has returned to the Sea Eagles an even more important player.
"It's accepted that it comes with football that players do get suspended and do get injured," King said
"It's a tough game and he certainly didn't ask for any of that.
"It just happened because he was playing the game passionately and hard."
Toovey needs no reminding of what is at stake for his side tomorrow.
"If we lose we could be out of the eight so it is important for us to win and stay in touch with that top four position," he said.
http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/t-rex-will-get-it-on/

THE Sea Eagles players are ignoring the mind games of their former coach Des Hasler ahead of his much anticipated return to Brookvale with the Bulldogs tomorrow night.
Hasler launched his offensive on Tuesday by talking Manly up and describing Canterbury as "at the bottom of the yardstick".
But the Manly camp knows about those tactics all too well.
"I had a good laugh when I watched the replay of it on the TV," Sea Eagles hooker Matt Ballin said.
And coach Geoff Toovey said he also used to laugh when Hasler made similar comments about rivals during his time at Brookvale.
"I think it is all part of the colourful tapestry of rugby league," Toovey said.
Co-captain Jason King said the players were just concentrating on their preparation for the big game as opposed to what is being said in the media by the opposition.
"We are not really buying into much of it," King said.
"It's a bit of a pat on the back I guess that he thinks we are a good side but that is the furthest thing from our minds heading into this match because we know they have been performing really well as a team."
Toovey offered his own views on where the Bulldogs are placed.
"I suppose if you are winning the comp you have to be doing something right," Toovey said. "And that would make you the benchmark, wouldn't it?"

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/players-dont-buy-underdog-bulldogs/

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6