• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
I was disappointed with his form in 2009 and he certainly didn't live up to the hype. (Having seen him in the Toyota Cup and the World Cup, I knew he had potential and was much better than what he had been showing.)

I am over the moon that he seems to be coming good and is showing much improved form this season. He is hitting the line hard, lining up for work and at times has been a wrecking ball. I liked what he did from dummy half tonight and his hit on Finch warmed my heart. His decisions in defence are still sometimes suspect but he is certainly going the right way. He should prove to be a big asset for the side.

I agree 100% with all of that.I always knew it,and yes from what i rememeber
abt tonight (beers) he hit the line strong and did some good things,this is definitely a time when u can say he will only get better.WOOT WOOT manly win WOOT.

What about his palm? He got Cam Smith a few times and he threw Aiden Tolman down like he was a 13-year-old. Great stuff. Obviously had a point to prove after the DUI incident last week and he showed the club he has plenty to offer on the field.

It was his best game. Repeatedly bashed past tacklers even in heavy traffic. His confidence will get a great boost, he is continuing to improve and as the season progresses he will be a genuine weapon.

One of his strengths is that he gets the attention of at least 3 opposition players every time he has the ball and if able to get an offload away, creates an overlap!

Still a little lazy in parts for me and wingers can't afford to be lazy but going a thousand times better than he was

He will stuff up from time to time in defence.  But if he keeps up his work with the ball he will be worth the odd lapse. 

Confidence is an amazing thing.. I too thought T-Rex was lazy etc (I mean he's still a little lazy), but he's really coming good now, he'll slowly improve each game.

I take back every bad word I ever said about him last year. Chris Baily on the other hand.. He's got to go asap!

Its great to see T-Rex give it a real go this year after the disappointment of last year. He just seems to get better and better each week, really is growing in confidence.

The whole team is playing well with still another 30 or 40% improvement to come.

He had nice stats, 5 tackle breaks, 10 runs (87m) and 1 big **** off tackle. Reminded me of this..

asotasihit.gif

Am happy to see him going forward, I never agreed with the camp writing him off as a player at the age of 20. He is 2nd in the NRL in tackle breaks behind Dugan, so he is obviously causing some headaches out there

SilentBob link said:
He had nice stats, 5 tackle breaks, 10 runs (87m) and 1 big F**k off tackle. Reminded me of this..

asotasihit.gif

textbook tackle and how to smash someone. I could watch that for hours

Nate, T-Rex will not be in the forwards this season.  Who would he replace?  D Williams will return via the Qld Cup and then wait his turn.  It's a dangerous thing being injured although D Williams got his turn via an injury last season, so he'd know that

No way is Wolfman getting into the side at the moment. You couldn't drop anyone for him.
Lyon is doing wonders for Tony's defence and he is a massive unit in attack. I like the way he's getting involved in the game and I'd hate to have to tackle him. And he hits like a train in defence, he absolutely poleaxed Gareth Ellis in the Tigers game.
I can't see him going into the fowards this year and he's still got a lot of improvement in him, but it's scary how big he'd be if he put on some muscle and went into the second row.

Nate link said:
T-Rex to the forwards,
Wolfie on his wing?

Bingo. I know I've got my blinkers on, but Wolfy needs to be in the side imo. In terms of which forward misses out.. Odds are a forward will get injured which will make the choice easier, otherwise, cross that bridge when we come to it..

I had T-Rex as a bench forward in my YARTS from before the season began, but now that we have persisted with him in the backline I think it would be a mistake to re-arrange things just to fit Wolfman back in.

Might be a different story if TW was still in the centres but since being shifted to wing he has done enough to keep the spot. TW would need an of season to prepare if was going to shift to being a forward. Much for him to learn beforehand.

If you can, watch the lead-up to our 3rd try. T-Rex picks the ball up from dummy half and swats away three (3) separate Storm forwards one after the other. Quite violently. His palming of Smith and Tolman was extraordinary. Storm forwards do not drop off very often, yet those 3 had no chance. He did not make many metres but fought his way to a very quick play the ball and 2 tackles later ... Robbo is over again. Not sure what position he will occupy but this bloke will be in the team.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6