T20 World Cup

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SilentBob

Bencher
Sri Lanka v Pakistan final for anyone that cares.

Big news though is South Africa choking in a semi final again  ;D

both have their place, the T20 world cup is like the coca cola 7's, good to watch but nothing to do with real skill

It's back again... for some reason. I will watch some, been a bit starved of cricket lately and don't watch IPL. I think Australia have a good chance with their record in big tournaments and the fact they have picked a T20 squad this time rather than taken the ODI squad. Too short a format to make any firm predictions though.

First match against Pakistan on Sunday, NZ v Sri Lanka opening the tournament on Friday I think.

Warner top run maker, Tait top wicket taker.

The coach was talking about picking an attack of Lee, Nannes, Johnson, Harris and Tait. 

Opposing batsmen would want to make sure they had a decent helmet against that bunch. 

Then again top edges alone would set a big target on those small windies grounds. 

Lee strained a muscle and is out of the tournament.  Will be replaced by Bollinger probably.  Hopefully he will have more fizz. 

The Gronk link said:
The coach was talking about picking an attack of Lee, Nannes, Johnson, Harris and Tait. 

I doubt the coach was talking about them as Harris wasnt even in the squad till Lee busted himself again.

The coach talking of that needs to have a rethink, the pitches over there are extremely slow, and taking pace off the ball and good spin bowling will probably end up the key. Watched the  NZ v SL game this morning, and Bond was the only NZ bowler they got hold off, enjoying his extra pace, Styris, Southee, Oram, N McCullum, Vettori were all hard to get away. Lankan attack was the same, Malinga bowled 90% slow balls

Both of those sides have a reasonable chance in this comp, based around the bowling attacks.

140 will be a defendable total this tournament

2 big matches coming up. Australia/Pakistan in the small hours of tomorrow morning, India v SA starting up shortly.

tait took 3/21 and jonson went well too

how funny was our last over 5/0 after getting to 191

In to the Super 8 thingy now, the crap teams have been squeezed out. Bit of a batting collapse against the Bangers but Hussey saved our arses with some help from Smith, the bowlers did the rest. Australia playing India tonight, should be a good one.

Jarpies are gorn after they couldn't even beat Pakistan. To make matters even worse, that win saw Pakistan go through to next stage after Poms beat Kiwis

England v SL tonight, Aussie game tomorrow. Aus women taking on India during the early hours tomorrow in their semi final.

Tipping an England/Australia final. Australia haven't had any real stand outs, most have stepped up at some point, particularly the bowlers led by Nannes. England look rather average on paper but they are getting the job done.

Seems the selectors have finally got their selections right in T20. I think there will be questions raised during our summer about Haddin and Clarke being in the side.

Tim Paine and Matt Wade will both be close to taking Haddin's spot, Tim Paine has the edge for now, could come down to whoever does something in the Big Bash this year.

Clarke needs to start making runs, he has never looked comfortable in this format. Cam White is a top captain and would jump straight in. I don't see Clarke giving up his sole captaincy role though.

Big final on tonight/tomorrow morning v England. 1:30am start. I'm really looking forward to this, a first for a T20 game.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7