Tactics Tonight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Seemed like the plan was to try and go around them. Very little direct play and hardly any platform laid by forwards. The tactics were passes, passes and more passes. Defence wasn't back 10m and our play the balls were never quick enough to get them on the back pedal, consequently they were up in our face quick and forced the errors.

Those tactics seemed a strange departure from what has held us is good stead up to this point. Didn't work and in hindsight not that smart. A bucket load of errors didn't help, but our game plan got showed up.

Pretty sure the tactics weren't for everyone to drop it. I'm not sure if we saw any evidence of our game plan considering our poor performance.

Hard to work out what our tactics were tonight. We never held onto the ball for long enough to establish our patterns of play.

Chip and Chase said:
Seemed like the plan was to try and go around them. Very little direct play and hardly any platform laid by forwards. The tactics were passes, passes and more passes. Defence wasn't back 10m and our play the balls were never quick enough to get them on the back pedal, consequently they were up in our face quick and forced the errors.

Those tactics seemed a strange departure from what has held us is good stead up to this point. Didn't work and in hindsight not that smart. A bucket load of errors didn't help, but our game plan got showed up.

Toovs must have watched the "chalkboard" coaching by Jason Taylor, saying how manly should try to spread the ball at every opportunity and go around melbourne.

Yeah, we should have played the style like last years in your face "battle of brookvale" game plan.

Mals said:
Hard to work out what our tactics were tonight. We never held onto the ball for long enough to establish our patterns of play.

Have to agree there. Once Plan A (whatever that was) fell out of the coaches box window, possession masked where we went wrong everywhere else. Whats depressing is that to find out we have to go back to the tape.

Watching Parish with that dumb look and arms hanging back on the chair was pretty depressing. Didn't display any confidence.

Darren said:
Watching Parish with that dumb look and arms hanging back on the chair was pretty depressing. Didn't display any confidence.

What was he supposed to do? In ten words or less.

Do some yelling and show some emotion. Getting in Tooves ear. Everytime the camera went to him he looked shot, like a deer peering at the headlights.

That was more than ten words Darren.

I think the players (and the fans) had bigger things to worry about than the assistant coach's body language!

And I reckon if Parish did do that, Darren would be on here saying Tooves wasn't in control and Parish was the one doing all the work and showing all the emotion etc

After getting so far in a year of upheaval, we went out with a whimper, not a bang. Watching the game was death by 1000 cuts, I was thinking just shoot me already.

wedgetail eagle said:
After getting so far in a year of upheaval, we went out with a whimper, not a bang. Watching the game was death by 1000 cuts, I was thinking just shoot me already.

I know, I would've preferred to have been watching that show as well.

wombatgc said:
That game is in the archives entitled " Never to be watched again!"

No it should be watched every week as the substandard performance it was before every game to fire the players up a bit.

The no-name Melbourne pack played with the mongrel we normally show. Our much-vaunted forwards played like they had all been recruited by Parramatta - except for the oldest of them. At least Joe ran hard and straight.

Once the finals arrived & the refs gave up on the 10m rule Manky were never going to get far.

But it's not new. Parramatta 82 & 83 & Canterbury 95 did the same to Manly.

lismore_fan said:
wombatgc said:

I watched it again this morning (Sat).
We didn't get any better tho. :(

Again! That would have to be some form of massicism surely!

wombatgc said:
lismore_fan said:
wombatgc said:

I watched it again this morning (Sat).
We didn't get any better tho. :(

Again! That would have to be some form of massicism surely!

Well he does live in Lismore!

OH SNAP!

lol

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7