Tafua to the centres in 2017

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We have two better options in Walker and Tommy Turbo so why would we?

I'm 100% OK with letting him walk. He's more con than pro.

Who plays at the back instead of Turbo? I suppose we have a war chest at years end so we could get anyone if they are brave enough to sign....
Would be interesting to see how Jorge would go in the centres eliminating being peppered with bombs. Very strong runner so might be good for him get his hands on the ball more.

We have two better options in Walker and Tommy Turbo so why would we?

I'm 100% OK with letting him walk. He's more con than pro.
Trbojevic will play fullback. I disagree about Jorge, he will be going nowhere. Always in triple digits in terms of yardage, runs like a prop. His try scoring record is very respectable & his catching has improved. Way more pro's me thinks.
1.Turbo
2.Jorge
3.Walker
5.Lee????(ran 187mtrs today)

Who plays at the back instead of Turbo? I suppose we have a war chest at years end so we could get anyone if they are brave enough to sign....
Would be interesting to see how Jorge would go in the centres eliminating being peppered with bombs. Very strong runner so might be good for him get his hands on the ball more.
We will have money and Tom coming off ankle surgery would probably be better suited to the workload in the centres.

Interesting Lurker post about Kane Elgey being behind Ash Taylor and possibly wanting out. We were close last time - offering him the 6 could get that hole filled. Then Walker and Turbo in the centres, we need wingers (poss Brenko Lee one side) and a fullback. Hardaker is only with Penrith this season, so he could be an option (Northern Beaches is better for a geez than the Riff). Options are out there - we just need to be smart.

I'm glad the older expensive options are signing because we don't want the Tamou's and Mansours.

Trbojevic will play fullback. I disagree about Jorge, he will be going nowhere. Always in triple digits in terms of yardage, runs like a prop. His try scoring record is very respectable & his catching has improved. Way more pro's me thinks.
1.Turbo
2.Jorge
3.Walker
5.Lee????(ran 187mtrs today)
I just feel that if they wanted to, they would have resigned him. The fact they haven't just makes me think they won't.

In the past 5 years there have been at least 20 occasions when Jorge could have been moved to centre. The fact he hasn't been indicates to me he is as one dimensional as he appears.

Does what he does well, but that's all you get.

He does something great with the ball then does something horrible defensively. I long for the Robbo nothing flash offensively (but solid/good finisher) and a rock defensively. Id rather less in attack but way more in defence. Like catch a ****ing bomb.

We will have money and Tom coming off ankle surgery would probably be better suited to the workload in the centres.

Interesting Lurker post about Kane Elgey being behind Ash Taylor and possibly wanting out. We were close last time - offering him the 6 could get that hole filled. Then Walker and Turbo in the centres, we need wingers (poss Brenko Lee one side) and a fullback. Hardaker is only with Penrith this season, so he could be an option (Northern Beaches is better for a geez than the Riff). Options are out there - we just need to be smart.

I'm glad the older expensive options are signing because we don't want the Tamou's and Mansours.

I really hope we sign Hardaker. That would be a real asset to our side and luxury having Turbo in the centres. That would make a very slick backline.
For mine I think our 5/8 issue has already been resolved in Green which I think is a great buy at $350k. Although I would rather Elgey and see him as a long term prospect.

If that rumour is true about elgey than surely he will come to us. At least that way he knows he will play fg

Jorge will play on the wing, but I'd like to see how he goes in the 2nd row. Right now we don't have an explosive running back rower and Jorge actually ticks that box. He has pace, does have some ball skills and he hits hard enough in defence (when he doesn't rush out of the line).

At one stage I thought he was being groomed to eventually be Skivy's replacement in the centres since he played a lot of his junior football there. But now I'm not so sure really. As @Woodsie said, there have been more than a few times he could have played centre in the past few years but has never been moved off the wing. Even Wiliame has been chosen to play centre over Jorge.

Either way, moving Jorge off the wing might eliminate a hole we have there when a bomb is put up.

what are Jorge's stats for missed tackles, dropped kicks & knock ons ... like many he is good when the team is firing (especially when Steve Matai is uninjured), but defensively he is just bad

I just feel that if they wanted to, they would have resigned him. The fact they haven't just makes me think they won't.
Yes, that's a pretty good point. But he was touted as an origin prospect a few yrs back. I'd lose count of how many of those, backline sweep plays Foran, Matai & Stewart, Jorge would finish off. Safe bet for 1st try scorer on my multi's too!

what are Jorge's stats for missed tackles, dropped kicks & knock ons ... like many he is good when the team is firing (especially when Steve Matai is uninjured), but defensively he is just bad

In 9 games in 2016 Jorge has 6 missed tackles and has made 12 errors.

4 of those errors came in round 1 against the Dogs and 3 in round 4 against the Chooks. He made zero errors against the Tigpies and Sharks (rounds 2-3) and made one error in all other games played. He missed 2 tackles against Penrith and one against the Sharks, Chooks, Warriors and Tits.

Next years possible backline

1: T Trbojevic
2: J Taufua
3: D Walker
4: B Lee (Or put him on the wing and sign a centre)
5: (Buy a good winger or play M Wright there until we can get a winger)
6: B Green (Or get Elgey if we can)
7: D Cherry-Evans

Jorge is rocks and diamonds but is mostly diamonds in attack but he is massive for Manly. Taufua is a great winger one of the best in the NRL attacking wise maybe due to his highball antics make a centre drop back instead and catch the highball than have him carry the ball up in the next tackle or he could put a bit of practice in. He belongs in this team and it would be silly to let him go.

His defence wouldn't handle it.
Though come to think of it that's where he defends when his opponent is unmarked outside him heading for the try line.

Next years possible backline

1: T Trbojevic
2: J Taufua
3: D Walker
4: B Lee (Or put him on the wing and sign a centre)
5: (Buy a good winger or play M Wright there until we can get a winger)
6: B Green (Or get Elgey if we can)
7: D Cherry-Evans

Jorge is rocks and diamonds but is mostly diamonds in attack but he is massive for Manly. Taufua is a great winger one of the best in the NRL attacking wise maybe due to his highball antics make a centre drop back instead and catch the highball than have him carry the ball up in the next tackle or he could put a bit of practice in. He belongs in this team and it would be silly to let him go.
That backline is great by the way it would match anyone's backline as long as all the combos click, it is also a quick backline. Green and DCE will be a great combo IMO. Green organising all the plays allowing DCE to do the magic. We fix all our problems next year get some decent forwards we could be a top 6 side. Who do we sign for the wing though? Mead is too old now and I personally think we can do a lot better and save money and play wright there, young joesph Manu would be terrific for the wing. Also what about Ryan matterson for the centres? Out of favour at roosters next year.

That backline is great by the way it would match anyone's backline as long as all the combos click, it is also a quick backline. Green and DCE will be a great combo IMO. Green organising all the plays allowing DCE to do the magic. We fix all our problems next year get some decent forwards we could be a top 6 side. Who do we sign for the wing though? Mead is too old now and I personally think we can do a lot better and save money and play wright there, young joesph Manu would be terrific for the wing. Also what about Ryan matterson for the centres? Out of favour at roosters next year.
I'm a fan of young matterson. As a centre though not 5/8.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6