Take a bow Trent Barrett

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

NYEagle

Bencher
Everyone on this board has been harsh (including myself) on Trent over the course of the 7 losses in a row. However, even though the results were not being delivered, I did like his positive and team attitude in the Press Conferences. I felt he was creating an environment during an horrible and adverse period to grow these players into a team that play for each other, and now we are beginning to see some results that (hopefully) will develop into many more.

You could see it in the response by the players today to a brilliant game plan.

*17/17 completions in the first half in awful conditions.
*Great response when things went wrong - particularly when lightweight Lewis lost the ball late in the 2nd half. The whole team crowded around him and pushed themselves to get on with it and stay positive (learned from the Penrith loss).
*Overcoming 7 straight penalties against them and a bung ref who went against us on several 50-50's at critical points of the second half.
*Making hard tackles that continued to stick even late in the game when the Warriors started to put together better structure and made inroads in attack.
*The response to Cherries field goal. Yes this is his team now. Goodbye gang of four (Watmough, Foran, Stewarts). The future is not any of you.

This team is a top 8 team, but there are still several hoops to jump through thanks to the deficit the NRL helped us create. The forward depth is there now, but still light in the backs, and that dope little rabbit Walker doesn't help there. I think he just wants to sit out the Souths game and avoid having to play his best friends.

But I digress. Great job Trent this was your win as much as any of the players.

Lets hope it continues!!

NYEagle

Last edited:
The deserved criticsm helped callous Baz up for first grade footy coaching :nod:

If Manly had cruised through in the beginning, he wouldn't have built up his resolve as quickly. Nor would he have established the rapport with the Team that he has now :)

Killer sure has found his feet at our no 6. I wonder if we could see a cliffy style come back?

He looked old, slow and passed it at centre earlier in the year, but at no 6, he is more then up to the pace, it is his class in defence in recent weeks which has been astounding.

Such a champion he really should be sent out in style.

How much better are we post-Stewart?
It's amazing how much difference not having him there has made.
This team played for one another last night. It was probably the most gutsy effort of the past two seasons.
Congratulations to all players and coaching staff. Efforts like this make me very proud to be a lifelong Manly supporter.

Finally we see the team become a 'team'. No coincidence that it's taken a bunch of juniors plus some die hards to come together Lussick,Turbo x2, Buhler, DCE Killer, Jorge. Some stability to the lineup plus some others to come back should make a better last few rounds. Finals might be a bridge too far but at least give us hope barring major injuries for next year.

How much better are we post-Stewart?
It's amazing how much difference not having him there has made.
This team played for one another last night.
They also played for each other in a gutsy effort against the Cows a couple of weeks ago, when Brett was in the team.

Not everyone has said something bad thanks.
The man crush I've had on him for 17 years prevents it.

I haven't bagged him and it's not because of a man crush. There have been way too many negative forces such as bad scheduling, injury toll, snake etc to pass judgement on baz. He has made a few tough calls and it's now paying dividends.

It's probably taken him a few months to absorb all the coaching knowledge offered on these forums.
I probably should have answered those "no caller ID" numbers earlier...

I thought it was Harvey Norman or maybe my ex or something...

The team attitude is great but other areas of coaching and position selections this year have been poor. I'm happy we have won the last 2 and we should beat Souths. Still a way to go this year. I will hold my judgement of Barrett until after the final round.

Agree whole heartedly with your post except for the walker part.
So stupid to let the team down the way he has, but he lifted that last game he played Souths, you could see when we played the rabbits he was playing with a great deal of passion and a chip on his shoulder with something to prove

Really happy with the 2 wins, and the team does seem to have more substance. I am not about to retract my opinion of Barrett yet. He has 3 years, so i guess we will see how those 3 years pan out.

I think there's been plenty of Trent criticism .... Some fair, some not.
Personally found plenty of negative predictable footy combined with half hearted attitude frustrating to watch...then again - a horrid injury mixed with so many new players...would many coaches done any better?
The thing most impressive in the Warriors win was the desire & pride unlike ANY other game in 2016...the coach must have players buying in to produce a win like that....not sure it will save the season, but for those who wanted Manly back , like myself.... look well on the way

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6