Taufua Surgery

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Poor Jorge has an infection from his last surgery. Hopefully the surgeon can fix his error :wondering:

Turbo and Chez need their lower legs fixed now.

Darcy also damaged his shoulder :eek:

So much for the healthy sporting life :cool:

Anyone else not fussed if we don't re-sign him?
I think you may find this is the real reason Jorge has played on this last month with a plate that needed to come out weeks ago and which got infected as a result.

If he disappeared he wasn't getting resigned.

I'm not a massive fan of Jorge on the wing generally, under the high ball or his awareness of where the footy is in defence. We need another tall option on the wing. Possibly the new red nut.

But I have to give Jorge credit the last month. Injured and with one shoulder he has played his best footy in 18 months. He has used that injured body as a battering ram, getting meters for us and smashing blokes in defence. He's done enough to deserve a new contract.

All players with surgeries pending should be given an early mark. Part of the reason we struggled early in the season was because our boys didn't have the best preseason.
They are professionals, if they are fit enough to take the field then play.

The competition points may only be of academic interest, but the team performance in the next 3 games is critical.

They won't want to throw away the hard-earned progress they've made. A strong finish will mean confidence going into the off-season, rather than hope. For both players and coaching staff.

(Conceivably may even make a difference to players we are trying to lure over to Manly?)

Let's take Tommy T for example, so your saying you'd risk his ankle becoming more damaged and possibly requiring a more serious surgical operation and associated recovery
No I didn't say that.
I have assumed our medics have assessed that he can't make it worse.
If it can get worse then our club is more stupid than I thought.

No I didn't say that.
I have assumed our medics have assessed that he can't make it worse.
If it can get worse then our club is more stupid than I thought.

If it can't get worse , and is say a 8-10 week fix, then he may as well continue.

But if he's in any way doing more damage get him away from the game immediately.

I'd love a win before we finish too BUT as 2016 is gone we do need to consider taking care of our stars.

Send them for their surgery, even if they could play without risk of making it worse. The reasoning behind this is that if they take say 10 weeks to recover that means that they can start getting fit, hitting the gym, getting stronger and faster 3 weeks earlier than if they wait. Honestly, what do they have to gain that out weights being fully ready for 2017 and being able to complete an offseason? Even if we have a full strength side we are no certainties to win any of the remaining games let alone all of them.

I agree they should go under the knife

But I feel sorry for killer. Not only are we not going to reach the semis. But he'll have half a team to captain in his last games.

We've all seen Tommy running around on 1 leg... grimacing every time his leg is caught up in a tackle. I grimace every time he grimaces... So much grimacing. Grimaces everywhere....

Tell me about it...

latest

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4