• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What was wrong with Oldfield tonight, was he injured or just gaffed ? Can't see him getting in ahead of Whare, and based on the enthusiasm of Taufua's performance tonight I'd like to see him get another crack as well

I was out at the game tonight and won't be too critical of his performance. I thought he looked a bit lost out there, let in two tries from his end of the field. We sure did miss killer also but it was great to see matai back out on the field.

From what I saw on the tele Matai was frickin unreal -we have missed so much of what he brings. We were always gettin ambushed tonight - big deal we are losing and playing well which means we will improve and guess what amigos it is round five and we have had not even close to afull strength side since we towelled the tigers.

Normally being premiers we would want a stack of wins on the board before SOO time but fortunately we are manly and no-one will pick our players!

Stuart may want Watmough and QLD may be silly enough to pick DCE as a replacement - I don't know that he can cover hooker like Sandow could...

But other than that we will be unscathed through this period that has been the curse of previous premiers.

T Rex might play a game or two but he is not the type who can't back up.

Joe was real good for us first game in, King looked three years younge - it will happen soon enough - not like 09 where everythying seemed disjointed just like last year where we got every team at a time they needed to prove something.

We willl be there when we get some home games like the rest of the comp.

Jorge wqas solid but in reality rather untested.

anyone who thinks that was better than oldfield needs to think again,well at least wait a while until he is put under some true pressure. He got caught out as many times as oldy but may offer more in attack

Fluffy said:
anyone who thinks that was better than oldfield needs to think again,

He took the ball up strongly when we were coming back from kicks. He didn't drop it.
He was better than Oldfield.

Another thing i noticed was that he was never driven back when he was tackled and usually took more than 2 players to bring him down . Also he got more involved in the game than Oldfield .

• 👍
Reactions: Fro
BOZO said:
Another thing i noticed was that he was never driven back when he was tackled and usually took more than 2 players to bring him down . Also he got more involved in the game than Oldfield .

I agree with positive comments about Taufua. Excellent debut and hopefully we see more of him.

Little bit worried about Wolf. Defensive technique appears to be suffering from a lack of confidence. Love his enthusiasm but he is struggling to get into games and is being targeted on the ground and in the air. He is making me very nervous at the moment. Should i be??

Hope he returns to his best very soon.

JK11 said:
BOZO said:

I agree with positive comments about Taufua. Excellent debut and hopefully we see more of him.

Little bit worried about Wolf. Defensive technique appears to be suffering from a lack of confidence. Love his enthusiasm but he is struggling to get into games and is being targeted on the ground and in the air. He is making me very nervous at the moment. Should i be??

Hope he returns to his best very soon.

Once Gift and Lyon are back on that right side his defence will improve dramatically - guaranteed.
Taufua was excellent, but as we know 1 good game doesnt make a quality player. Would like to see more of him though.

Anyone remember Steve Park? He was a winger for Manly in 1987 who was given the label of the next big thing in 1st grade. Only lasted 7 games......

The only positive to come out of all these injuries is the fact that, we can all realise just how much these injured players are pivotal to the success of the club. We havent looked right since Gift got injured and with Jamie out it hasnt given Daly much to work with on the right.

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4