Taufua

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
So with Brett being out we should expect Taufua taking his spot. Did well in the 2nd half.

What's doing with Ben Farrah isn't supposed to be a backup fullback?

I think I'd prefer to see Taufua there. I know he's a bit suspect under the high ball but I think being new to first grade = nerves = bad under the high ball. So I feel like we're in trouble in that department either way.

But the advantage of having Taufua back there is that he is just such a powerful runner. That will be really good for kick returns.

Farrah no way. I'd have Tafua at fullback. He's not that bad under the high ball and his runs will be even more damaging with some more speed from kick returns.
Maybe Wolfie at fullback is an option also and have Hiku on the wing.

After reading Hiku's player profile I'd have him at fullback as he is a fullback not a winger out of position playing at fullback.
He's Bio say's

Very damaging runner who played wing, fullback and five-eighth for the Warriors Toyota Cup side in 2012. He stood out in every position, distinguishing himself as the Warriors' U20s Player of the Year and earning a spot in the Junior Kiwis. Addicted to breaking tackles, his metres for 2012 were only topped by fellow Sea Eagles signing Ligi Sao.

Does Taufua has a passing game?

Fullbacks with a passing game is now a standard considering all the set/2nd man plays.

stoodamire said:

Fullbacks with a passing game is now a standard considering all the set/2nd man plays.

Judging be how many times he has been in open space with support and not passed, i would think not unfortunately, i think Hiku might get the gig.

stoodamire said:

Yes this probably rules Lawrence out of contention. Otherwise might have been worth a shot.

Jado said:
stoodamire said:

Judging be how many times he has been in open space with support and not passed, i would think not unfortunately, i think Hiku might get the gig.

He definitely has a passing game. Don't forget he played at fullback in our 20's team and they a lot of the same structures as the NRL side. Also I can't really remember too many times he was in space and didn't pass to support. I remember the Cowboys game in the finals last year when he caught the ball behind his back, managed to hang onto it and make the line break and then throw a left to right spiral around Matthew Bowen for Snake to score

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8