Taumalolo

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
Today's Herald has us linked to Taumalolo

Also this season we have been linked to Merrin and T Burgess, which either means we are lining up contingencies oif DCE or Foran go

Or we have budgeted for both DCE and Foran and one marque forward, which, considering me made a big play for Woods might not be so crazy, Especially if Matai moves on

I'd rather him than a big prop. Think strike back rowers are more valuable.

And doing the math, if we had the halves on say 1M each, and Snake is 600K, that leaves 3.9M of cap. If you went another 5 guys at 350K, that still leaves 2.15M for 17 players which averages out at 126.5K a season. I imagine you'd have to manage that base for a year before Snake would most likely drop off (with either T Turbo or Gutho slotting in) and his 600K could be split in any number of ways (most likely to top up our younger guys that have come on).

Obviously if you look at that breakdown, losing one half would be useful financially as that means that the average after you take out 1M for DCE who stays, 600K for Snake and 5 @ 350 moves up to 175. Now obviously we wouldn't have 18 guys at 175, it would be a mix of minimum and probably guys in between 175 and 350. But you would be able to field a very good side at those prices. Then as mentioned when Snake moves on we can top up or add further. Much more flexible I think.

I'd imagine the best position for a club is only a few big contracts with lots of guys in the lower part constantly coming off contract so you can tinker with the roster. Big long term commitments can really stuff you up.

Last edited:
I'd rather him than a big prop. Think strike back rowers are more valuable.

And doing the math, if we had the halves on say 1M each, and Snake is 600K, that leaves 3.9M of cap. If you went another 5 guys at 350K, that still leaves 2.15M for 17 players which averages out at 126.5K a season. I imagine you'd have to manage that base for a year before Snake would most likely drop off (with either T Turbo or Gutho slotting in) and his 600K could be split in any number of ways (most likely to top up our younger guys that have come on).

Obviously if you look at that breakdown, losing one half would be useful financially as that means that the average after you take out 1M for DCE who stays, 600K for Snake and 5 @ 350 moves up to 175. Now obviously we wouldn't have 18 guys at 175, it would be a mix of minimum and probably guys in between 175 and 350. But you would be able to field a very good side at those prices. Then as mentioned when Snake moves on we can top up or add further. Much more flexible I think.

I'd imagine the best position for a club is only a few big contracts with lots of guys in the lower part constantly coming off contract so you can tinker with the roster. Big long term commitments can really stuff you up.

Yep the modern game evolves yet again.

I'd like to see us sign Taumalolo.

Sid & Foz 1st and I'd say we're a strong chance of getting Tom Burgess.

I guess, if Skivvy decides to leave, alot of this will be possible.

Hiku steps into left centre & turf a few unwanted players.

Saw this article today....

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...-2-million-offer/story-fniabjcr-1227223159121

In it, of course (not coarse) is:

Four clubs — the Warriors, Manly, Dragons and Sharks have lodged interest in the off-contract Taumalolo, whom Kiwi Test coach Stephen Kearney believes is destined for greatness. @:rolleyes:

But then this:

The Cowboys have a number of advantages.

One is a premiership-winning roster spearheaded by Thurston.

lol---cough, errr I mean umm when did this premiership win take place?

How lazy is the journalism these days

Every player (merrin, DCE, Foz to name a few) seem to be linked to

Warriors, Manly, Dragons and Sharks in some form.

I sat two seats away from big Jason at Rat Park at the trial. There is something to this rumour, unless he was just visiting a mate (maybe former cowboy Hodges).

I sat two seats away from big Jason at Rat Park at the trial. There is something to this rumour, unless he was just visiting a mate (maybe former cowboy Hodges).
Thanks for that - now there will be a headline that "Manly trying to poach under contract players"

The Moles been to the forum I reckon
EXCLUSIVE in the Mole in @LeagueWeek today: @SeaEagles lead the money race in the battle to sign Jason Taumalolo

The club must know that one of our halves is leaving to be able to offer big money to Taumalolo on top of re-signing Matai

Imagine if we re-signed DCE and Foz and signed Taumalolo.................i mean, its not gonna happen but imagine!!!!

Would be a good signing. We need all the back rowers we can get. @:p

Seriously, it's hard to get excited about these sorts of "reports". Unless you're a player manager. Cha ching!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7