Team for Monday announced

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
MANLY SEA EAGLES TEAM LIST ANNOUNCED
Manly Sea Eagles
Tuesday, 9 March 2010
The team list for the Round 1 match against the Wests Tigers is as follows:

Brett Stewart
Michael Robertson
Tony Williams
Steve Matai
David Williams
Jamie Lyon (c)
Kieran Foran
Jason King (c)
Matt Ballin
Josh Perry
Anthony Watmough
Chris Bailey
Glenn Stewart

Terence Seu Seu
Brent Kite
George Rose
Shane Rodney

Farrar still injured?!

T. Williams in the centres, something i haven't seen before. Heres to hoping.

a LOT of hoping Nate...whilst he looked pretty good at 5/8 in the QLD Cup final last year his efforts in NRL were poor to say the least, slow to move and only a few times did he use his strength to score a try. He's one hell of a unit (says me who's about 5 feet 7 and he towered over me when I met him at the Brisbane pre-game function last year) and probably capable of a lot more BUT does he have the heart for it???

Watch the Tigers stream their attack down his side.

Those who saw T Rex in the centres at the Cronulla trial seemed impressed.

Hopefully he can do it for 80mins in a real game.

Duff link said:
Those who saw T Rex in the centres at the Cronulla trial seemed impressed.

Hopefully he can do it for 80mins in a real game.

thats just it, it was crunulla they are spoon bound or pretty close to it

what a joke.

marshall,tuquiri, lawrence,tuaki and co will slaughter williams.this isnt pomeroy,stapleton  and simmons he is up against.which second rower is the lucky one to be defending next to him i wonder.

and how does bailey get a run in the 13.

tiges win this one im afraid.

it must have taken some strength for williams to wrestle those goat photos off kingy especially now he's our leader.be a good bet des gives jamie the job on his own now that big tony has the prize.

susan ridgepipe link said:
what a joke.

marshall,tuquiri, lawrence,tuaki and co will slaughter williams.this isnt pomeroy,stapleton  and simmons he is up against.which second rower is the lucky one to be defending next to him i wonder.

and how does bailey get a run in the 13.

tiges win this one im afraid.

Stewart or Bailey thankfully. Thank god it's not Choc then I would be really worried.

The two captain caper is starting to get wierd. Couldn't they just stick it against Lyon for all the on-field action. Does Manly have to have special clauses added to the team sheet so the whistle-blower geniuses can comprehend it? Both Lyon and King will be at the after game press conference and King will do most of the talking, but THE captain is Killer.

Susan, this is basically our team that went down to the Tigers at the end of last season.  Sure the Tigers didn't have  Tikiri but not Tuarki, but the fact remains that they only beat us with very stupid play by Orford, and we were missing B Stewart.  T-Rex did OK and scored a terrific try, running over some Tigers doing it.  All is not lost and he has learnt from last year.  I'm confident that our well drilled team will beat the helter skelter of the Tiges.  Their backline has holes as does their forwards.  Our bench is superior too. 

susan ridgepipe link said:
it must have taken some strength for williams to wrestle those goat photos off kingy especially now he's our leader.be a good bet des gives jamie the job on his own now that big tony has the prize.

Willo gave copies to both Bailey and Tony Williams before he left for the UK.  Des is not impressed.  

The game could be lost down Williams side of the field as Marshall will go up against him all game long.

Benji will dodge and weave all night long but the fact remains if one holds the line he can't get through.  Brett will mop up any chips over the top.  Remember he was missing in our 19 - 18 loss last year.  Tikiri won't last the game.  Why play him?  It reeks of desperation.  Not playing our game for years and the fitness level required is completely different.  That up and back movement can kill.  And don't forget we will score tries too.  Marshall won't be able to handle Big T.   

tookey link said:
The game could be lost down Williams side of the field as Marshall will go up against him all game long.
If Marshall runs at Tony and gets caught... he will decide to go in some other direction for the rest of the game. That is the off-the-cuff play that Marshall is famous for.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6