Team for the run home !

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Copa Eagle

Reserve Grader
With Kingy now gone for the season i believe that Georgey will step up for his absence and proove to Des that hes worth a contract ! Im not sure how Hoppas injury may go ? hes been abit on and off with his hammy since the start of the year, and hopefully matais injury isnt to serious either. So with the remaining players we have, i hope this would be the team that Des heads into the finals with, with the exception of no injuries.

01.Stewart
02.Robertson
03.Matai
04.Lyon
05. (The winger position could go to either Wolfman or Hoppa) Hard.
06.Foran
07.DCE
08.Kite
09.Ballin
10.Rose
11.Watmough
12.Galuvou
13.Stewart

14.Buhrer (Hasnt got alot of game time recently, dont know why ?)
15.Rodney
16.Williams
17.Robinson (I see him more of a front rower than Mauro, he works hard, he runs hard and tackles tackles tackles.

Very close, imo.
I'd start with Rodney instead of Joe who I'd keep as a replacement front rower. Then I'd have Lussick in the 17 for Robinson. Mauro and Robertson would be 18 & 19-men - needed in the finals squad.
If Hoppa is fit he'd stay - he is terrific under the bombs, but we don't lose anything in attack by having Wolfman.

In my opinion Robbos ahead of wolfie in the pecking order. Lussick and Robinson are very much alike, both work hard in defence and make the metres that they should be making when on the field !

This is the team Dessie will probably go with if there are no more injuries other than King, and the others are all fit. After a while you begin to read Des's team selections like an open book.

1. B. Stewart
2. M. Robertson
3. J. Lyon
4. S. Matai
5. W. Hopoate
6. K. Foran
7. DCE
8. G. Rose
9. M. Ballin
10. B. Kite
11. A. Watmough
12. J. Galuvao
13. G. Stewart
14. T. Williams
15. J. Buhrer
16. S. Rodney
17. V. Mauro
18. D.Lussick

Robbo has been a champion but i take Hoppa & Wolf on the wings. Rest of backline self explained.
8 - Kite
9 - Ballin
10 - Rose
11 - Choc
12 - Joe
13 - Stewart

Res
14 - T Rex
15 - Buhrer
16 - Rodney
17 - Lussick

With a view to the big games ahead Mauro will be in ahead of Robinson & Lussick simply on the score of experience (that is my prediction anyhow).

Like everyone else this year I reckon Joe has been great but I reckon he plays his best footy off the bench when that early sting is out of the game. Despite being old he still has great leg speed & really punches at the line. In the first 20 mins its much tighter for forwards and less of an impact can be made by runners - so I would start with Mauro or Lussick, they are strong but a bit less impact/leg speed hitting the line than Joe in my opinion- keep Joe as our 'energy' off the bench.

And to be honest these days bench forwards who come on fresh & fire are just as important as starters.

Robbo is a better finisher than Wolfman and also safer hands under the high ball. Wolfman is better at making meters on a return kick...hard decision

Robbo for sure!!!

Wolfman and Robbo can both score tries and finish well, BUT Robbo saves them as well, which Wolfman doesn't do very well.

1. Stewart
2. Robertson
3. Lyon
4. Matai
5. Hopoate
6. Foran
7. Cherry-Evans
8. Rose
9. Ballin
10. Kite
11. Watmough
12. Rodney
13. Stewart

14. Galuvao (prop now that King is gone)
15. Buhrer
16. T. Williams
17. Mauro / Robinson

Anyone know when the Wolfman is due back?

Hopefully also Robbo can overcome his concussion soon.

stoodamire said:
Robbo for sure!!!

Wolfman and Robbo can both score tries and finish well, BUT Robbo saves them as well, which Wolfman doesn't do very well.

Like he didnt save that try vs panthers resulting in a very sore boy nor did he save one in the 2008 GF

MK Eagle said:
Robbo has been a champion but i take Hoppa & Wolf on the wings. Rest of backline self explained.
8 - Kite
9 - Ballin
10 - Rose
11 - Choc
12 - Joe
13 - Stewart

Res
14 - T Rex
15 - Buhrer
16 - Rodney
17 - Lussick

Perfect Foward line-up, maybe Rodney in the run on with Smokin Joe as impact?

The Eagle said:
stoodamire said:
Robbo for sure!!!

Like he didnt save that try vs panthers resulting in a very sore boy nor did he save one in the 2008 GF

You're nuts if you think Wolfman's defence is on par with that of Robbo's.

codewana said:
The Eagle said:
stoodamire said:
Robbo for sure!!!

Can you remind me of an awesome trysaver Robbo has pulled off? Wolf has the weakness of coming in off the wing and that is it

The Eagle said:
codewana said:
The Eagle said:
stoodamire said:
Robbo for sure!!!

Can you remind me of an awesome trysaver Robbo has pulled off? Wolf has the weakness of coming in off the wing and that is it

I'm not taking about 'an awesome try saving tackle', I'm talking about being in the right position defensively, catching bombs, and reading the play almost constantly. Wolfman is no doubt a better sprinter and Robbo doesn't hold a candle up to him in pace, but I'd prefer the Wangman's security over Wolfman's runs.

i like oldfield and think he will go on to good things, and for his experience he is doing a good job filling in, but missing Robbo has been very noticeable in the last few weeks, just those little things he does, always right place, right time, it may only be one or two noticeable things per game, but its the stuff you don't really notice on first glance that proves we need him. cant wait until he's back for the finals, fresh and hungry, the little break will do him good, same with wolfy, if we stay injury free next few rounds, i daresay we'll have the freshest legs in many positions coming into the finals. king is a big loss no doubt, especially in the big games, but great chance now for someone to make their mark and step up. im excited.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4