Team List vs Newcastle

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

TagMonster

Reserve Grader
With a big win in the rear-view mirror and a two week break I feel a whole lot more comfortable about the team than this time last week. The time off should allow us to get a couple more players back on deck and those carrying injury to get some much needed rest! With that said, I'd like to see this team take on the Knights:

1. B. Stewart
2. P. Hiku
3. J. Lyon
4. S. Matai
5. J. Taufua
6. K. Foran
7. D. Cherry-Evans

8. J. Trbojevic
9. M. Ballin
10. J. Starling
11. F. Mateo
12. J. Horo
13. T. Symonds

14. W. Mason
15. L. Burgess
16. D. Lui
17. A. Demetriou

I share your sentiment, I think we are in better shape now for the first time this year. Fingers cross DCE and Hiku arnt injured playing in the test (thats assuming dce even plays).

Personally I dont think foran should even be there. He came back early so he could play for NZ. He wasnt good at all, and is showing no signs of care towards the club.

I would be tempted to have a go with Mateo back at 5/8. Hodges definitely on the bench. He is giving it 100% this year.

My Rd 9 YART.

1. B. Stewart
2. P. Hiku
3. J. Lyon
4. S. Matai
5. J. Taufua
6. F. Mateo
7. D. Cherry-Evans
8. J. Trbojevic
9. M. Ballin
10. J. Starling
11. D. Lui
12. J. Horo
13. T. Symonds

14. W. Mason
15. L. Burgess
16. J. Sene-Lefao (assuming he is fit)
17. J. Hodges
18. A. Demetriou

For mine our team should read:

Snake, Jorge, Killer, Skivy, Peta, Foran, DCE, Jake T, Matty, Willie, Symonds, Horo, Mateo. Res - Sao, Hodges, Lui, Burgess/Starling

I'd be tempted to drop Burgess because he's not doing much really (plays for 15 minutes, makes a mistake or gets smashed and goes missing for the next hour), though I'd probably play Starling in NSW Cup for a week to make sure his knee is going to hold up. We don't need a repeat of the St Merge game where he went off injured and was out for a few more weeks.

Hodges has to be there. Yeah his hands seemed a bit suspect in Melbourne, but in all honesty Matty Ballin is out of form and Jayden's sharper delivery and runs from dummy half have got us on the front foot in the past couple of games.

The Wolf will be unlucky to miss out, but I can see Tooves dropping him back to NSW Cup if Killer is fit.

Foran will be there unless he gets injured playing for NZ. I think he only played on Saturday night to give himself a run before the test. He did a couple of things in attack and his defence was ok, but didn't go close to pushing himself. It was more a game time test on his hammy than anything else really.

Last edited:
1. B. Stewart
2. P. Hiku
3. J. Lyon
4. S. Matai
5. J. Taufua
6. K. Foran
7. D. Cherry-Evans

8. J. Trbojevic
9. M. Ballin
10. J. Starling
11. F. Mateo
12. J. Horo
13. T. Symonds

14. W. Mason
15. L. Burgess
16. D. Lui
17. B.Leary
I think you're almost 100% spot on TagMonster but they probably wont grade another junior and instead give Blake Leary another shot...2 tries last weekend will help his cause.

I share your sentiment, I think we are in better shape now for the first time this year. Fingers cross DCE and Hiku arnt injured playing in the test (thats assuming dce even plays).

Personally I dont think foran should even be there. He came back early so he could play for NZ. He wasnt good at all, and is showing no signs of care towards the club.

I would be tempted to have a go with Mateo back at 5/8. Hodges definitely on the bench. He is giving it 100% this year.

My Rd 9 YART.

1. B. Stewart
2. P. Hiku
3. J. Lyon
4. S. Matai
5. J. Taufua
6. F. Mateo
7. D. Cherry-Evans
8. J. Trbojevic
9. M. Ballin
10. J. Starling
11. D. Lui
12. J. Horo
13. T. Symonds

14. W. Mason
15. L. Burgess
16. J. Sene-Lefao (assuming he is fit)
17. J. Hodges
18. A. Demetriou
Yes I'd like to see Mateo in at 5/8 also..nothing to lose there as f

Whatever team is picked it's almost certain to be the best, on paper, we've fielded this season. I'm growing in confidence. It's obvious already that the teams that contest the GF this year will be the two with the fewest injuries to their stars. This could very well be us.

blake leary to replace buhrer, he is the closest like for like match. good leg drive, big workrate, needs to play big minutes.
luke burgess doesn't deserve a spot on form, mateo for impact 15 minutes either side off half time.
Tafua should have a point to prove and his metres out of dummy half and from our own end have been sorely missed.
keep hodges on the bench.

starting to get something that resembles a first grade team back.. we have to win the next two at brookie.

With our luck, the rep games may put Foran out and possibly Jorge.
I can't believe that after an extended injury time, Jorge is risking his season on a meaningless game against Samoa :confused:

If Foran does get injured / re-injures his hamstring (highly probably in my mind) then the easy fix is to put Killer in 5/8, Hiku to centre (his natural position IMO) and let Wolfie lock down the wing.

I also think Matty Ballin had his best game on Saturday. He had a few really top scoots from dummy half that has been missing.

Stewart
Taufua
Matai
Lyon
Hiku
Foran
Dce
Mason
Ballin
Jake t
Horo
Symonds
Mateo

Hodges
Burgess
Lui
Starling

Leary
Sao

when does the weekends charge sheet come out. I think matai should be ok. I saw a lot of similar tackles on the weekend where shoulder met face

Tooves said on Triple M yesterday that Lyon, Mateo and Starling will return in round 9.

Appears the doom and gloom has gone and sunshine and rainbows are on the horizon.

1 Stewart
2 Hiku
3 Matai
4 Lyon
5 Tafua
6 Foran
7 DCE
8 Jake T
9 Ballin
10 Mason
11 Mateo
12 Horo
13 Symonds

14 Hodges
15 Starling/Lui
16 Sao
17 B Leary

horo is playing like a rocket was put up his arse. has played really well. Given his position on the left edge, his form will only get better and back where it was if foran starts playing tough and going to the line again. but im glad horo is getting aggressive again.

I like the above team, but as I said earlier, blake leary in run on for mateo. mateo to bench.

With our luck, the rep games may put Foran out and possibly Jorge.
I can't believe that after an extended injury time, Jorge is risking his season on a meaningless game against Samoa :confused:

Meaningless for us but not for someone who is from that area and takes pride in their culture

I hope Killer is not returning before ready, cause he aint gettin' any younger. If Not ready, we should go with the same backline against Drizzle. Peta was good in defence. Wolfy can kick goals.

I know he has limited games with us but I think his best game for us was against the dogs at Brooky. At 5/8 he was made to get involved and had the ball in his hands a lot near there line, looked dangerous. If Foran wants to play then he definitely gets the start.

Also we didn't have 1 offload against Melbourne I know the conditions weren't made for that type of football but would be good to have another dimension in our attack.
Absolutely, Mateo looked real dangerous in that game against the dogs at Brookie..would really like to see him get more game time, show us what he's got

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2