Team of the Decade (2003-2009)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SilentBob

Bencher
I am not counting the tainted Northern Eagles years.

01. Brett Stewart
02. Chris Hicks
03. Steve Bell
04. Steve Matai
05. Michael Robertson
06. Jamie Lyon
07. Matt Orford
08. Brent Kite
09. Matt Ballin
10. Josh Perry
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Steve Menzies
13. Ben Kennedy (c)

14. Glenn Stewart
15. Michael Monaghan
16. Luke Williamson
17. Jason King

or

01. Sam Murphy
02. Nick Bradley-Qalilawa
03. Ashley Alberts
04. Kevin McGuinness
05. Shane Neumann
06. Jye Mullane (c)
07. Alex Moore
08. Phil Morewood
09. Chad Randall
10. Ian Donnelly
11. Sam Harris
12. Gary Winter
13. Tony Jensen

14. Dave Warry
15. Grant Wooden
16. Jim Curtis
17. Mark Lennon

Harris and Randall are harshly done by there, both had there moments with us, Harris even represented City

i mean niether would make our current 17 but to lump em in with the others is just not right

Both were bad. Randall was ok until anyone and everyone worked out his blind-side play and I still don't know how Harris was picked for City.

They are very close to my picks too SB. It is hard to believe that others pushed Kane Cleal out of a starting spot in team 2.

ManlyBacker link said:
They are very close to my picks too SB. It is hard to believe that others pushed Kane Cleal out of a starting spot in team 2.

I'd have to find a spot for Steppa in team 2 as well, probably in place of McGuinness.

Also not sure I'd have both Willo and Monas on the bench in team 1, don't need 2 utilities. Would go with one of Hall or Rose for Willo. 

I thought Tony Jensen was not a bad worker during his time, I saw him as similar to Ferris, nothing Flashy but an honest sort of player.

The rest I agree are rubbish

Dorn, Cannings, Nathan Long, Craig Hayne, Hollingsworth, Nick Paterson, Robson, Tutt, Witt, Cleal, Mailangi Styles, Halden were all considered.

Willo was the last player picked, he did his job for 5-6 years with no fuss, no real stand out though. Hall had a good few months out of 3 years and Rose spent most of the last couple of years sitting on his arse while his leg healed. Maybe Bryant could squeeze in, Heckenburg played his role fairly well during the rebuilding stage, maybe Hoppa could have the spot?

Well if blokes are getting into the side on the basis of one good year in that period, then Jason King is your man.

Not sure if I would put Willo in there but I reckon des would.

I like the 2nd side - some absolute rubbish in that.  I agree with Chad inclusion, he was diabolical for us IMO.  Over rated because of one thing - his last name.

The Wheel link said:
I like the 2nd side - some absolute rubbish in that.  I agree with Chad inclusion, he was diabolical for us IMO.  Over rated because of one thing - his last name.
  He also had to wear the burden of being proclaimed the "next big thing" by Guru Gould.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8