Team rnd 1

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Thoughts? I think it's a risk to play anyone other than Lyon at 5/8, given we have no one else. Our pack can be quite flexible, with Myles and Kapow alternating between front and back row.
Fullback: Stewart
Wingers: Jorge, Turbo 2
Centres: Hiku, Matai
Halves: Lyon, DCE
Forwards: Myles, Turbo 1, Brown, Kapow, Mat'eo, Api
Reserves: Starling/Lussick/Lawrence (2 of), Buhrer/Symonds/Purcell (2 of)

Last edited:
1. Stewart
2. Tafua
3. Matai
4. Hiku
5. Trbojevic
6. Lyon
7. Cherry Evans
8. Myles
9. Koirisou
10. Trbojevic
11. Brown (edge)
12. Buhrer (edge)
13.Taupau (middle)

14. Parcell
15. Lussick
16. Starling/Lawrence
17. Mateo/Symonds

The big talking point is 5/8

My choice would be Lyon but he is not keen, Hiku is an option as is Tom (ala a young G Inglis) or either hooker. Good depth in the pack with 2 of Symonds, Mateo, Lawrence and Starling to miss out not to mention L Burgess, Leary and the young guns headed by Knight

A reserve grade pack could be

Lawrence
Hodges
Burgess
Leary (edge)
Symonds (edge)
Knight (middle)

I can't see it not being Lyon. Hiku not good enough, Turbo a worry in the frontline, Purcell not enough experience. Lyon by default.

If and only of everyone is 100% fit and ready and assuming Ballin is out the door. And we don't have a real 5/8.
1.Stewart
2.taufua
3. Lyon
4.Matai
5. Tom T
6.Hiku
7. DCE
8. Jake T
9. api
10. Myles
11. Buher
12. Mateo
13. Tapau

14. Parcell
15. Lawrence
16. Lussick
17. Brown

Even though I'm not a fan of Brown he didn't come here to play reserve grade

1. Snake
2. Taufua
3. Lyon
4. Matai
5. Tommy
6. Moltzen - Only if he is 100% fit. If not, Lyon to 6 and Hiku to centre.
7. DCE
8. Jake
9. Ballin - Assuming he will still be here. If not, bring in Parcell.
10. BJ
11. Buhrer
12. Myles
13. Taupau
14. Starling
15. Mateo
16. Brown - Wouldn't be in my 17, but as above hasn't been signed to play NSW cup
17. Korisau

This team would not be too bad either:-
1. Stewart
2. Taufua
3. Lyon
4. Matai
5. Tom T
6. Hiku
7. DCE
8. Jake T
9. Parcell
10. Myles
11. Buher
12. Mateo
13. Tapau

14. Starling
15. Lawrence
16. Lussick
17. Brown

Which ever way you assemble the team,it's gonna be great,it can only benefit Barrett,having a good squad to choose from can only be beneficial,reserves are looking to be putting a good team together,there's some pretty good talent who are going to miss the top side,so yes bring on 2016 quick eagles4 everrrrrrrrrrrrrr

1.Stewart(vc)
2.Tafua
3.Lyon(c)
4.Matai
5.Hiku/Trbojevic
6.Trbojevic/Hiku
7.Cherry-Evans(vc)
8.Trbojevic
9.Koroisau(gk)
10.Myles
11.Mateo
12.Buhrer
13.Taupau

14.Parcell
15.Lussick
16.Brown
17.Lawrence

Ballin is gone! Parcell can't start he needs to show something at nrl level before he starts, honestly he has been carving up QLD cup but it is nothing compared to nrl!

1 Stewart
2 Taufua
3 Lyon
4 Matai
5 Hiku / T Trojevic
6 Molzten / Hiku
7 Cherry Evans
8 J Trojevic
9 Koroisau
10 Myles
11 Taupau
12 Mateo
13 Buhrer

14 Parcell
15 Lawrence
16 Symonds
17 Brown
Id only carry one prop on the bench as Myles & jake can play long mins if need be put taupau in bring on symonds or brown to cover him. I dont rate lussick yet until he gets all the drop ball and errors out of his game

1 Stewart
2 Taufua
3 Lyon
4 Matai
5 Hiku / T Trojevic
6 Molzten / Hiku
7 Cherry Evans
8 J Trojevic
9 Koroisau
10 Myles
11 Taupau
12 Mateo
13 Buhrer

14 Parcell
15 Lawrence
16 Symonds
17 Brown
Id only carry one prop on the bench as Myles & jake can play long mins if need be put taupau in bring on symonds or brown to cover him. I dont rate lussick yet until he gets all the drop ball and errors out of his game
Moltzen won't be considered im hearing it's a 2 horse race either tom or Peta to get the 5/8 role

Still concerned with jamie & matai out wide with speed.Matai falling off tackles,lyon throwing silly passes to his winger,brett soft with kick returns,& no urgency to run back & pick balls up.My point is senior players as much as i love them slowly need to make way.

If I were Trent Barrett (and I'm not), the team provided everyone was fit, would be:

FB - Stewart (vc)
WG - Taufua
CE - Hiku
CE - Matai
WG - T. Trbojevic
FE - Lyon (c)
HB - Cherry-Evans
PR - J. Trbojevic
HK - Parcell
PR - Myles
SR - Mateo
SR - Buhrer
LK - Taupau

Res from - Symonds, Brown, Lussick, Starling, Koroisau, Lawrence

Still concerned with jamie & matai out wide with speed.Matai falling off tackles,lyon throwing silly passes to his winger,brett soft with kick returns,& no urgency to run back & pick balls up.My point is senior players as much as i love them slowly need to make way.

Senior players are slowly making way

Kite, Joe, Georgie
Stewart, Watmough, King
Ballin

You do these things slowly or you are left with an experience vacumm

Also say what you will but Stewart, Lyon and Matai are still amongst our best players

It is a bit too early to be shuffling Lyon and Matai off the (rugby league) mortal coil, unless it means something better (medium to long term) coming along, such as Bird.

I think the more important thing will be how Barrett can use and adapt the squad we have. Hiku, Taufua and Tommy T could be used better in kick returns and get involved more if we need speed and hard running.

I loved Tooves, but every now and again it did seem like his game plans and philosophy weren't very adpative or progressive. He kept Dessie's structures and play for a long time.

2016 is about moving forward and being bench setters again. A new pack with a new brains trust. Time to lead from the front.

Lyon and matai were players that were busted this season . If fit in 16 I'll back them to have massive years behind a pack that bends the line rather then getting bent backwards.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8